Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

Jasmine ~ my Dreadlocks journey has begun!!! and i am soo excited!!! so many others with me in this beautiful journey. at first i started thinking o a new style i have admired from a far.

Picture on left me before dreads always brushing my hair 3 or 4 times a day and flat iron the curls out!

Picture on right is me starting my dreads:) as u can see one or two showing, started them September 2012 i had like 6 in back, wearing wool hat handmade got thrift shop for 1$ lol

This is end of September 2012 right after going to my friends house i had just met weeks prior i trusted my hair too 100% she did the dreading it took hours and was huge pounding headache when finished. lasted like a week!! ouch she pulled and twisted my hair through itself maybe called interlocking for weaving i don't know i just know wasnt the right way exactly lol. well i quit pulling the pieces through at scalp as she told me too...and daily maintenance she said. which i learned was only inhibiting my hair to dead. but wrong don't need daily maintenance!

As you can see the next month was mostly fluff an uncontrolled chaos lol recovering dreadies from the interlocing i did for only few weeks. good though lol. they stuck out where and started to really snarl up and frizz out. lol also good though. I added a few wooden beads i found.

Below is pics of the next phase i had, the twirly loopy knots all over, so cute and unique to each strand of dread. i named a few after things they looked like. the last i named the NAked LAdy because of its shape. Then my baby dreadies were starting to develop further by getting more knots and the loops got tighter and not as frizzy.:) the loose hair started to come. which is lil pieces of individual hairs coming loose from the formed ones. As u can see next picture one where im looking down sorta:) this is wen the congos started and got web-ed enough to rip apart.

head wrap pic dreads grew at roots by like 2 inches causing them to lay flatter and not stick out! lol:) pretty butterfly headband :) recent photo as well as pink scarf wrap pic.taken January 2013.5month old dreadlocks. My babies:)

SO HERES MY 6MONTH UPDATE!! YAY as of feb 18th 2013 my dreadies are locking up so well id say! 6month pics as follows crown of dreads lol pic and the two following of me holding up the locs. i took out most my wooden beads they were in there long time and started to smell yucky so had too. moisture got in the wood and trapt bacteria ewww. wasnt having that lol ok so wooden beads a cute thing but no go anymore starting to take one out at a time and look for metal ones:D

IM IN LOVE WITH ME DREADS SOOO HAPPY THEY R MINE LOL :p so i would consider my dreads to be natural now i went natural with them at my 2nd month or so and the look it now, after lil bit of rescue i am proud to say im natural method now:) for 5months now:) whoo hoo i am so glad i made that choice. me locs were not getting anywhere before then lol. YAY FOR DREADLOCKSSITE!!!

update for 7th month of my journey the locs doing great lol im lovin it lol the larger ones are new 7th months pics so as u can see they r tighter locs and more mature YAY! sooo me 8th month now YAY dreadies lol

heres some additional things happening aww me lil guys are growing longer lol more tightening of the locks and some ly lil short curly peices i have along my hair line always have had since like birth haha, they are staring to lock aww see lil curls turning it too fixed snarly loops and such cute lil guys also have a dread ball forming out of a lil loose hair interesting lol

MY 9th month yay begining to just now get the positive compliments on me loc's yay im so excited for the future an continued journey. as my locks mature an grow in length. my lil shorty hairs...are starting to snarl. an i have almost no loose hair now most have fused in lol except me lil shotys pictured above. i also had lil dready ball one hanging from ends of like 7 loose hairs, turned into bll an now is tight snarl its joining a well established dread. i also have noiced over this phase a large congo in back of me head area two dreads are eating eachother lol an turning itno one.. i am letting this happen because the fact it was totally not alowin me to seperate it so forget it they are one ha one love dreadies ahaha thick locked back stuffs lol

me lil dready ball it get rounded out and fuseing to a close established dready yay

so been an awesome journey so far.. 8/16/13.im at 11 months now my first year around the corner! wow time flew lol so check em out now locks of love lol ok so below first pic dreads half updo lol like just started 9 months or so bottom pic green hat recent 11 months..lot progress yay! so happy dready jazzymomma:)

updated by @jazzymomma: 11/12/15 05:21:04PM
melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
You look great with locs :D beautifullll
Julien Côté
@julien-ct
11 years ago
1 posts

Awesome! Your dreads are really on their way to epic dreadness glory! :)

Anna3
@anna3
11 years ago
70 posts

They look so good!! And I love that head wrap :)

Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

Youre loops and such were freaking adorable!!! Your hair looks lovely.

jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

hee hee thanks yall for xheckin me out and comments r appreciated:)

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

wow you have some CRAZY locks! they look wonderful!

Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

lovely! some good chunkiness to em & great loops & bumps happening! woohoo!

Wolf's Rain
@wolfs-rain
11 years ago
1 posts

Niceee.Love them. :-)

April Brown
@april-brown
11 years ago
49 posts

It looks like they recovered nicely from the interlocking! Awesome :)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form