Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Don't go to the bar with dreads.

TieDyedSoul
@tiedyedsoul
11 years ago
70 posts

Last night I went out with a couple of friends and I allowed them to get me a little drunk. Anyways the night goes on and the first thing is most of the people there wanted to feel my dreads I didn't mind that part and informed them that it is just hair.

The annoying part was this girl that work at the bar that I seen plenty of times came up to me and started to talk about my dreads. She first stated that they look like crap. I told her that yes I am in the first month of having NATURAL dreads. She proceeded to tell me that for 75 bucks that she could give awesome dreads like my friend Fro and she only puts gel in the hair. I told her I am happy with what I have but thanks.

Second annoying part is that my friends and I ended up at her place at the end of the night. This girl is already drunk at this point. The next thing I know is that she grabs one of my dreads and puts a glob of gel in it and rubs it in with one stoke. At this point I step away but the damage was already done. The rest of the night pretty much proceeded like this. Now I have to soak my dreads to try to get this gunk out and I just washed them yesterday. Thanks for listening to my rant.

Heres a pic of how my dreads looked when I went out.

updated by @tiedyedsoul: 02/14/15 03:28:15AM
Eddy St. King
@eddy-st-king
11 years ago
50 posts

Wow forgive my language but what a bitch!! she has no right to do that to your hair wtf!! I don't mess with those kinda places anyways but damn that's really annoying to hear someone would try to mess you up like that. Hope you get it all out.

TieDyedSoul
@tiedyedsoul
11 years ago
70 posts

Thanks, I usually don't go to the bar for this reason. I have soaked them once but I'm going to have to wash them they still smell of cheap vanilla.
Journeyman Dreads said:

Wow forgive my language but what a bitch!! she has no right to do that to your hair wtf!! I don't mess with those kinda places anyways but damn that's really annoying to hear someone would try to mess you up like that. Hope you get it all out.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

you are a beautiful person and your dreads will turn out just the same :)

TieDyedSoul
@tiedyedsoul
11 years ago
70 posts

Thanks man, wish more people would learn about natural dreads it would take the stress off of some situations.

Castaway J said:

you are a beautiful person and your dreads will turn out just the same :)

Tazz
@tazz
11 years ago
17 posts

Hmm. I'm amazed you didn't flip the hell out on the girl I would be so mad. The only thing I fear more is glitter. -_-'

Joshua3
@joshua3
11 years ago
21 posts

Wow that totally sucks! I would be so pissed off that somebody put anything I didn'task for in my hair much less some crap like that You should definitely be happy with what you have its looking awesome!

TieDyedSoul
@tiedyedsoul
11 years ago
70 posts

Thanks, I don't get mad she was drunk and being stupid. It just makes me realize why I don't go out to the bar anymore or chill with people in general.

Joshua said:

Wow that totally sucks! I would be so pissed off that somebody put anything I didn'task for in my hair much less some crap like that You should definitely be happy with what you have its looking awesome!

Joshua3
@joshua3
11 years ago
21 posts

I can understand that. She was being stupid for sure.She also is probably impatient anddoesn'tget why you have enough patience to see your dreads out naturally.. lol I'm not big on going to the bar anymore either. I rarely have a good time at them anymore and don't like being really drunk. I just like surrounding myself with like minded people and hanging with them.

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Wow. That is a bit weird. Most of those gels have wax in them. I'm sure you will get it out, most people would have no idea that stuff does not wash out, I'm not trying to sound dramatic, but I would make sure you get it out with something like dawns though.

peace and blessings

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form