Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads and the gym

Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
11 years ago
100 posts

I hit the gym everyday for at least an hour. Is it safe to wash my hair everyday, i sweat like crazy and have been washing it every 2 days, and just a body wash on the day in between. I feel like on the days i dont wash my hair i stink. :(

Everyday just seems like a lot to wash though, who has time for that. Anyways im wondering if anyone else goes to the gym daily, and what your washing patterns are?

muah :)

updated by @danielle-hache: 02/14/15 05:19:45AM
Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
11 years ago
76 posts
I work out about 5 days a week. I try to wash every other day, and whenever I go to the gym, I rinse my hair with water if I sweat a lot.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

every day seems lile alot to wash and you dont have time for that so why do u waste time every day at a gym?

if anything going 3 times a week is plenty but every day? whats the point?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

I think that you are worrying too much because of the stigma of dreads being dirty. The woods are my gym :) my advice is to wash when they really feel dirty. Sweat is full of toxins, water and salt. but everyday is a bit much. One of the reasons that i love my dreads is the fact that i can get away with washing once a week. I would absolutely hate washing every day and having to wait for them to dry...way too much work. and in the winter i would be freezing all the time...yuck. But that is me. If it makes you feel better to wash everyday...go for it....just remember that it is not necessary. 3 times a week is a workable amount for me in the summer when i sweat more. Hope that helps :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the woods are my gym too 2 weeks in the woods once a year is all it takes to stay nice and strong

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
11 years ago
100 posts

lol ...well going to the gym makes me happy ....i meditate ...get my daily exercise and it just fills me with joy...to each their own and the gym does it for me ....i do escape to woods for wonderful adevntures every weekend with my son .....

soaring eagle said:

every day seems lile alot to wash and you dont have time for that so why do u waste time every day at a gym?

if anything going 3 times a week is plenty but every day? whats the point?

Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
11 years ago
100 posts

no actually it was more specifically because of the smell ...it is faint but the sweat smell does stick around in between washes

taye said:

I think that you are worrying too much because of the stigma of dreads being dirty. The woods are my gym :) my advice is to wash when they really feel dirty. Sweat is full of toxins, water and salt. but everyday is a bit much. One of the reasons that i love my dreads is the fact that i can get away with washing once a week. I would absolutely hate washing every day and having to wait for them to dry...way too much work. and in the winter i would be freezing all the time...yuck. But that is me. If it makes you feel better to wash everyday...go for it....just remember that it is not necessary. 3 times a week is a workable amount for me in the summer when i sweat more. Hope that helps :)

Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
11 years ago
100 posts

i was thinking that too just using water maybe with a hint of rosemary !! ...thanks

Lapis Angela Lazuli said:

I work out about 5 days a week. I try to wash every other day, and whenever I go to the gym, I rinse my hair with water if I sweat a lot.
Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
11 years ago
100 posts

thanks !!

Britany said:

i work out, i wash daily if i have to due to sweating, when i had baby dreads i did the BS/ACV rinse often because it requires no scrubbing so it not hurting your dreads, now with mature dreads i use dread shampoo and haven't noticed and issue washing more often. clean/wet dreads actually knot up and lock better.

Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
11 years ago
76 posts
Oooo! Rosemary sounds good :D Why haven't I thought of that? I think I'll start adding rosemary and lavender with the rinse :)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form