Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

skin has become balanced and free of blemishes since dreading!

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
What a fantastic side effect. Has anyone else had similar experiences? Not sure what it is, i have never worn makeup or used harmful chemicals to wash my skin, yet my face always seemed oily. Well, not anymore! :)
updated by @melanie-rose: 02/14/15 09:57:31AM
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

That is odd. I can't see how it could have that kind of effect. The only difference for me is that I have jojoba oil handy when I get dry skin, which works out pretty handy at times :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

its the healthier washing routine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
The jojoba is so wonderful, Im constantly spraying it all over my body and face as well as my dreads and scalp.That was my first thought, se. Healthier cleaner soap equals healthier skin :) I use the DB rose scented for my whole body, can't get enough of the smell.
BeauZay
@beauzay
11 years ago
92 posts

That is one thing I've noticed since dreading. I hardly break out at all, and sometimes I'll go a week without washing my hair. Before I started dreading I would breakout quite a bit. Like SE said, I believe it could be the washing routine. The BS/ACV wash much help, opposed to those damned Shampoos.

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
I'm sure the BS/acv is a huge help. To be honest, i wash with DB and don't wash with anything else :x been too broke to buy the ingredients.
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
That's awesome!I started washing my face with baking soda, a couple drops of tea tree oil and water a couple months ago. My face hates it! I always have at least one 'blemish' on my chine at all times now. I love the way my skin feels. Just not the beak outs. I'm 41 for fuck's sake, not 14!!
melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
I used to use tea tree but my face didn't like it, and I looked shiny. I think you've got glowing skin Mons :p
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Aaawww thank you Melanie!
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

me too. i started thinking about what i was putting on mine and my families skin before dreads. the decision to dread coincided with my decision to be more knowlegeable about things like that. dreads has helped speed the process so to speak. i have noticed clearer skin and my hair is growing super fast now. it had pretty much stopped growing before dreads.ive gained about 3-4 inches on my most mature dread since june. i used to have oily skin and hair too. its not as bad now. my hair is also super shiny now. sometimes im afraid it looks greasy, but its just super shiny.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form