Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

need help getting paranoid here

krock
@krock
11 years ago
20 posts

first off thanks and sorry you guys for listening to my petty problems, istarted my dread journey really short like 6-7 inches at bangs and 3 inches every where else. My hair knotted up way fast it is very matted with baby dreads pure neglect, anyway guys i heard i should start over with way longer hair or just not have them at all. I keep hearing that my hair looks so bad. normally i wouldn't be troubled by somebody saying something to me but this guy has never given me a negative comment on myappearance before and it's got to my head . ill upload a pic of what my hair looks like after myhomework'sdone, but i think i just need a good slap in the face.

updated by @krock: 01/13/15 09:43:18PM
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Unfortunately, people are assholes. Try to just let it roll off your back. If you have really big mats, separate them to make smaller dreads. You can start dreading naturally at just about any hair length, seeing results with short hair is a different story. It sounds like you're seeing a lot of progress tho, you just need to do some separating. Your shorter hair will knot up as it grows out.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i think u need to slap him in the face and tell him it di]oesnt matter how it looks it matters how they make ne feel

and nah if it dreaded short then keep going let em grow

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
TieDyedSoul
@tiedyedsoul
11 years ago
70 posts

I wouldn't let it bother you. It only matters if you like it. To make a commitment with dreads takes a lot of patience that can take 6 months to a good year or sometimes even longer depending how long your hair is. I would just work on separating them and keep calm with it. Just remember your life do what you want.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

They are supposed to look like a nappy mess for a while. You're not in a any different situation than anyone else on this site. When I first started, I palm rolled. I only did that to 5 of mine. I did it so much that I had 5 mature locks when none of my other hair was doing anything (Don't even get started on why not to palm roll. It destroys your locks). It made me look like a homeless bum.

Now they look great. Check out the timeline forums to see what everyone else's look like. That'll ease your mind. Everyone starts off with their locks looking crazy. Starting with short hair will just make your locks ultra bad ass when they are longer because they will be that much more mature

Eddy St. King
@eddy-st-king
11 years ago
50 posts

dreads have a mysterious way of weeding out those around you who were previously masquerading their true perceptions and character around you. this is only helping you know who's really supportive and believes in you.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form