Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Spiritual enlightenment, and dreading.

Sterling James Guthrie
@sterling-james-guthrie
11 years ago
2 posts
Can anyone share with me (an new dreader) their biggest gains through dreading. I wish to know your knowledge, your experiences, what you feel you've gained spiritually, physically, emotionally. How have you become better? How have you changed? What has the experience taught you and what can I hope to learn?
updated by @sterling-james-guthrie: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

you ask this at 2 am when my eyes are going blurry?

this is a subject i could easily write till the sun came up on but youd be having trouble reading my ramblings

ok ill simplify

i went on a long journey to find a short route to where i was when i was me

before dreading i was me but wearing a mask acting an act "living up to expectations" that werent truly mine

now i can go out in the woods without a penny in my pocket covered in mud head to toe and just feel at 1 with everything without a care in the world just living in bliss

often im asked what i do for a living i started to respond with what do you do for a loving? no thats not a typo

to me its not the ammount of money you bring in but the ammount of love you put out that makes you who you are..

so in a way dreadings made me better at being me

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
11 years ago
170 posts

And dreadlocking.. Oh I must say I believe the jouney is a bit different for everyone.. I say that you will gain things, and lose some.. But honestly it isn't about knowing what you will gain, or for that matter lose,because like i said, everyone is different. I believe the main thing it will do for you is to help reveal you to yourself, and to help show you who you truly are as a being. I would say not to question it, and just let it be.. That is when you will notice your greatest changes my friend. Let your journey be filled with love and peace, and I hope you an amazing adventure. You must realize that the crown chakra is the "I Understand" chakra, now i just found this out a few days ago, but i believe this may be what helps those who lock, to better understand themselves as a person, and to better become who they truly are. Not saying this is what happens with everyone.. that is why i say, let things be.. you will more than likely find some type of change though, whether you better understand yourself, or not, or whatever it may be.. like i had said I believe everyone experiences something different, because look at it.. it is an individual thing, of course you are going to experience something special to you as an individual, no one person is exactly the same.

ashley walker
@ashley-walker
11 years ago
35 posts

Everyone has different gains from their journey, but i think a really common one is humbleness. You will be judged, people will make comments, this is something you learn to accept and through this you become more humble. Even if you're the type of person who get attention a lot I think dreading will change the way you feel about the attention you get. From media and the people around you, you were taught that combed, shiny hair is beautiful. Honestly dreading involves some weird things. Having to explain the things I use to wash my hair is weird to people. The way it sets us apart is what makes us more accepting to other people who are set apart. You go through different dread phases that people won't understand. You stop using as much chemicals on your body since you stop using those types of shampoos, I think this does something to your body that makes you feel more part of nature, it's grounding because you flowing with nature rather than against it by using all of these products. In a spiritual sense I've always felt like dreads were an extension of myself in a way that they are keeping in the essence of my conscious within the locks. It sounds weird but they really feel like they're more apart of me than i thought, like I think about my dreads the same way I think about my limbs. You feel and see the progress like you would a child so it's almost maybe more than a limb. When I think about a certain dread I can just touch my head and find it.

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
11 years ago
170 posts

i like that ^^ and i also agree with it.

Jamar Kingbam Benyard
@jamar-kingbam-benyard
11 years ago
23 posts
Ashley natural and eagle really hit the nail on the head you learn the virtues of patience you realize that its not necessary to look like what modern society says you should look like you feel the harmony between yourself and mother earth herself. I also personally feel like if my ancestors came t
Jamar Kingbam Benyard
@jamar-kingbam-benyard
11 years ago
23 posts
To visit me that they would be proud maybe even call me a true man or warrior in their eyes
Sarahface
@sarah16
11 years ago
108 posts

This thread gave me goosebumps. lol

Andrew Finelli
@andrew-finelli
11 years ago
3 posts

Enjoyment of the present moment without spending it neurotically shaping the future. That is the greatest lesson I have learned going into my 8th month of dreading, and I owe it all to this website. My first few months of dreading were spent waxing and crocheting, looking forward to my future dreads but never really happy with my current state. Now that I've accepted the path of natural growth without persuasion I am happily content with my own dreads, not jealous or looking forward to becoming any other dreadie.

Eddy St. King
@eddy-st-king
11 years ago
50 posts

okay I've just started a little more than a week ago and dreads are something that I've wanted for a a very long time but never really cared to follow through with it because it was just all knee-jerk in my brain and i really didn't want them. but after my 4th afro or so about 8 months in I've finally embarked on the journey towards dread-dom with the natural neglect method. I'm not even close to mature ones and I already feel the magnitude of my decision. I think dreads have to find you, they really do. It just emulates my personality, laid back and determined, which is very necessary in the process. Getting dreads (although I'm not a woman) is a lot like getting pregnant, like the process. You really have to want it and love the process. It's not for people that are self conscious or don't have strong convictions. It's a beautiful journey that will expose parts of you that were previously obfuscated. I think if you can understand the inner peace you find from beginning to end then you are ready. Good luck to you and happy dreading!!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form