Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

separation

Karlin Buck
@karlin-buck
11 years ago
28 posts

with research, I have found mixed answers with separating locks. Some desperate from rot to tip and others tip to root. I know that the dread doesnt need to be separated all the way to the scalp.

5 days of unbrushed hair

updated by @karlin-buck: 01/13/15 09:42:47PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

tip to root they only need to be seperated at the roots typicaly however if your attempting to split a congo then you try root to tip but its probly better to attempt to comb it out and start over since your literally breaking every hair in it to split it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Karlin Buck
@karlin-buck
11 years ago
28 posts

Does the sound of breaking hair make you shudder? I haven't had to do anything like that yet. seems like it would make me feel like nails on a chalk board haha

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

nah dont bother me at all

but ive heard some ppl who criochet hear that everytime they pull on them..that would bug me..at least make me worry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Definitely tip to root. I actually love the sound of locks ripping apart. But once mature, you don't have to separate often at all. I only do it a handful of times a year, if that often.
I posted a video on separating if you need any visual help

Karlin Buck
@karlin-buck
11 years ago
28 posts

Yes I watched your videos, which are very helpful. Its just hard for me to get an understanding when my hair is still so loose. But knowing that I should go root to tip is so helpful

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

seperating is fun! you know why? it means PROGRESS!!! when my hair was still forming and lockingin the beginning, i would let them congo instead of immediately seperate just to let them get a good lock first.

But i have found that you can let your hair and locks be for months, and still not have a problem separating (easier when wet btw).

it is easy to go crazy separating everything in the beginning. but in time you will get tired of keeping tabs on every single one!

Then you will find that the only time that you should really have to separate is if the congo is now pulling your hair uncomfortably. thats the only time i separate now. ill let two locks congo and watch them for months. if its not pulling on roots ill leave it alone :)

but about how to separate, tip to root or root to tip, well it really all depends on the dread.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form