Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Kirk's Castille Soap

Kristian Brooks
@kristian-brooks
12 years ago
12 posts

Okay so I'm noticing massive progress with this soap. I've been using it for about a month now and just started on my 3rd bar ever on my hair. After work today I looked in the mirror and my dreads just seem to be responding vibrantly to the soap.. I recommend this soap guys.. seriously lol try it!

updated by @kristian-brooks: 01/13/15 09:42:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

if u have hard waterthe "progress" you see is from buildup sticking it together ..like wax

castile soaps dont rinse out in hard water leaving heavy buildup

if you dont have hard wateer then its pretty much the same as bronners

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kristian Brooks
@kristian-brooks
11 years ago
12 posts

I'm guessing I have hard water bc I live in the U.S... So would a bs/asv rinse take care of some of this buildup you're referring too?

soaring eagle said:

if u have hard waterthe "progress" you see is from buildup sticking it together ..like wax

castile soaps dont rinse out in hard water leaving heavy buildup

if you dont have hard wateer then its pretty much the same as bronners

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

probably but not guranteed a residue remover will like suave clarifying or nutragena anti residue and not all in usa have hard water only 85% ofcourse thats slightly to very hard so im not sure what percent would be moderate to very hard but id guess 70% ..so your are more then likely to have an issue but far from guaranteed

google hard wter maps and see

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gene Thompson
@gene-thompson
11 years ago
29 posts

I often find that when i use castile soaps such as bronner's my hair becomes sticky and heavy. It's for this same reason I stopped using them. I normally use shampoos with ingredients i can pronounce and that are sulfate free most of the time. Lately I've been trying the shampoos from this site. They work great, check them out. The patchouli one is nice.

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
I used Dr Bronner's for the first time last week. It really left my hair all light and fluffy and flexible. I think (don't quote me tho) that if it's leaving a residue you might notice. Your hair would feel a bit sticky or there might even be a white-ish substance at the top of a dread where the knotting starts. I've found this in the ends of my dreads that I've separated. I was curious about what they looked like inside lol. Anyway, google the water maps like SE said to make sure.
Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

kirk's castile is actually a hard water bar of soap. its a standard vegetable based soap that uses pure coconut oil to produce lather. its actually a really great soap with no harmful ingredients. i use it in my laundrydetergent recipe and it never leaves residue on my clothing. i've used it in my hair before and it does a great job but it was a bit too drying for my ultra dry scalp. i say go for it. just do a baking soda deep clean every once in a while to be sure you don't have any build up and you'll be golden:)

Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

i have a water filter. without it i was having to boil my water. baking soda doesn't break down in hard water. it just sinks to the bottom.

i just did a bs deep clean today and it felt amazing. i wrapped my hair up in a bag and put a towel around my head and left the baking soda mix in my hair for about 20 minutes. squeaky clean scalp and dreads:)

Robyn said:

Ifyou guysdoing the BS/ACV washes..Are y'all using a water filter or boiling water? I thought that would leave residue or build up as well? Just curious b/c I have not been boiling water or using a water filter with the BS/ACV...?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form