Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

why cold water ?

emilio gonzalez
@emilio-gonzalez
12 years ago
32 posts

so im just hearing that its better to wash with cold water , ive been using hot all along.. just wondering why is cold better whats the diffrence ??

updated by @emilio-gonzalez: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Hot water opens your pores. It makes your scalp oily and can cause it to be itchy. Cold water closes your pores, stops oiliness and helps you stay itch free for days.

I rinse my hair with hot water before I wash. The lather up. Then rinse with cold water

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

multiple reasons

like he said hot opens pores cold closes them..same with cuticles though (backcombed hair most cutickes no longer function however) cuticles open and close to allow moisture in then seal it in and protexct it

hot water agrevates dandruff making dry itchy scalp worse

hot has it s uses too rekovijng wax and oils (if scalp oils follow with cold to close pores and reduce oil production)

u wull have alot less scalp issues if u at least finnish with cold

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

I never rinse with cold. I hate cold. Should I be, or I am okay?

Danielle2
@danielle2
12 years ago
8 posts

I have dry scalp, and I wash with hot and rinse with cold. The hot cleans and helps my hair tangle, and then cold soothes my scalp and seals my hair's cuticles.

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Some people just don't have itchy problems. I'm jealous lol I've always had problems. Could be be aid so was using regular shampoo and conditioners, hot water and washing every day, who knows. I would think that if you don't have an issue then don't worry about it. I, on the other hand, start it hong like mad after a cou
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
After a couple days (oops lol) (^^^ itching*) if I use anything other than baking soda and acv. It's kind frustrating. I'm somewhat limited on when I wash because I my work schedule. I don't like doing it before work because I pull my hair back. Then I have to go to bed so early (graveyard) that I don't wash sometimes be aide it doesn't have time to dry.
Yvonne Reigns
@yvonne-reigns
12 years ago
5 posts

I work a lot too & had the same issue which caused my hair to smell sorta like a mop water cause I really had time to sit under a dryer, so I just bought a blow dryer. Last night I used ACV for the first time...loved iit!!! anyway what I did was Left the towel wrapped around my head for about 5-10 mins so most of the water soaked into the towel, than I blow dried it with a hand held for like 30 mins...or as long as it took, may have been less. But I totally feel you about not having time, but that smell is not cute but mine only smelled like that when it was wet, and after acv last night I didn't smell it AT ALL. ACV or not though you gotta get it dry or they gone have a smell.

Yvonne Reigns
@yvonne-reigns
12 years ago
5 posts

@ Mons...ma bad

Yvonne Reigns said:

I work a lot too & had the same issue which caused my hair to smell sorta like a mop water cause I really had time to sit under a dryer, so I just bought a blow dryer. Last night I used ACV for the first time...loved iit!!! anyway what I did was Left the towel wrapped around my head for about 5-10 mins so most of the water soaked into the towel, than I blow dried it with a hand held for like 30 mins...or as long as it took, may have been less. But I totally feel you about not having time, but that smell is not cute but mine only smelled like that when it was wet, and after acv last night I didn't smell it AT ALL. ACV or not though you gotta get it dry or they gone have a smell.

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Hahaha I have a really short attention span, I wouldn't be able to hold a blow dryer to my head for that long lol. I haven't had any issues with smells that I know of. I can't wait until it warms up or the sun starts shining again so I can sit in the yard after washing and sun dry. As it is, it's taking around 12 hrs for my hair to dry :/
 / 2

Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form