Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i combed out a dread

ashley walker
@ashley-walker
12 years ago
35 posts

So I combed out one of my dreads because it was really fat and flat, a little bit over an inch thick. So it took me three painful hours. I broke it up into three smaller sections. The roots are still dreaded. This is more of an opinion thing but should I leave it to dread into those three sections or should I comb them out to start it over completely?

updated by @ashley-walker: 01/13/15 09:42:15PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

im confused what u mean haha should u comb out he rest of the roots? probly or u will en d up with 1 sdread again

when u say iu made 3 sections what do u mean exactly

or did you section the straight hair then want to know if u should unsection it and let it section itself

if it was just over an inch u probly did =nt need to comb it out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ashley walker
@ashley-walker
12 years ago
35 posts
I combed it out because it was looking really funky and matted down at the root. As I was coming it out the dread separated into three sections. So there are basically three dreads that would form if I just let them be because the roots are dreaded. So I was considering either letting them be and having three new preset dreads or combing out the roots and seeing what would happen
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

id try to comb out the roots or it will be 1 dread again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
goldfish bowl
@goldfish-bowl
12 years ago
1 posts

Well, my dreads i started on there own and i have one that you would call a " chicken foot"
It is when you have one dread and it grows out into 3, i left mine and it slowly started to separate.
My thought on this is if you have aptience and your truley comitted to your dreads just leave it and let nature show your true beauty.

ashley walker
@ashley-walker
12 years ago
35 posts

I have patience to let it do what ever and knot however it pleases, but i have no patience for combing them out haha. I'll comb the roots out and see how it goes...but ill probably do that tomorrow after last night I never wanted to touch a comb again haha

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form