Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Jamaican Mango and Lime No More Itch Gro Spray

Kyle Adams
@kyle-adams
12 years ago
32 posts

Hello all! For Christmas my mom got me this spray (title) and I'm trying to decide whether or not to use it. I'm all for not putting any product in my dreads but if this stuff is fine then why not? The ingredients look okay and there aren't too many but there are very little reviews on this product on Youtube. Also, the two people that reviewed this product were of African American descent and I, of course, am not, so that I'm sure makes a difference too. If anyone has used this product and it has worked or not worked or maybe known people who've used this product, please let me know.

Also, my dreads are 4 months old.

Thanks and have a happy holiday. :)

updated by @kyle-adams: 01/13/15 09:42:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

all those mango lyme things are for african hair and i doubt they are any good for them either

but like knottyboy and dhhq everyone insists they should be used so most africamn americans use em withoit thought

1 person joined (cant remember of it was a guy or girl) and his/her dreads were greyish white frok all the mngio lyme products buildup

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kyle Adams
@kyle-adams
12 years ago
32 posts

I shall not use it then haha. I had a feeling it was designed for African American style hair anyway. Thank you! :D

Kyle Adams
@kyle-adams
12 years ago
32 posts

Well, I had no specific reason to be using it. It was just a gift from my mom, who honestly saw the word "dread" on the bottle and thought it'd be a good gift for me haha. My head itches sometimes but it's not a big enough deal that a little peppermint oil can't fix. It said something about locking the dreads I believe... but again, I don't mind the journey. I actually wouldn't really wanna speed it up. I like the various stages. I just wanted to see if it would be beneficial or detrimental. I most likely will just have her return it and get some beads or something in it's place.

Thank you for the digging though. :D

Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

A freezing cold rinse will kill the dread itch for a few days. Way more natural :)

ashley walker
@ashley-walker
12 years ago
35 posts

olive oil is a conditioner and would probably slow down the process of dreading.

I made the mistake of putting olive oil directly on my dreads and it took while for it to get out but they were pretty soft.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form