Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

inwant dreads

Karlin Buck
@karlin-buck
12 years ago
28 posts

I am very ready for dreads and have wanted them a long time. I'm a white female with wavy hair about halfway down my back. I dont know what to do yet. I've always been afraid to do the neglect because its a big mess and not very uniform. I found the rip and tear method and that makes nice looking dreads. I was wondering if my hair would dread on its own after the rip n tear? Please help! Thank you!

Added a photo of my natural hair texture and type

updated by @karlin-buck: 01/13/15 09:42:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ofcourse it will but neglect is the best way by far

they shouldnt be unifornm are every branch of a tree the same size?

even your eyes your ears yoir breasts and arms legs feet are not uniform 1 hands bigger then the other 1 ear 1 foot there is no uniformity in nature

your photo doesnt match the mirror image

i would really recomend the natural way and pretty much everyone here would too those who used tnr will tell ya most wish they went natural

not any are uniform no 2 the same as they should be

if theres no uniqueness

no diference between one and the other how do you know which is your favorite?

you as a person do you want to be exactly like everyone else? to blend in and mnot stand out in any way?

yor dreads want to be as unique as you do

let them have a personality

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Karlin Buck
@karlin-buck
12 years ago
28 posts

How long will it take to have mature locks?

If I were to choose tnr, what would future matentence and cleaning be like?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

theres no difference in tnr or natural it takes a year or lpil more to get mature and wash and seoerate thats the only maintenance needed or recomended'

wash with a non residue dread freindly soap and seperate to prevent congos

very simple

--
Karlin Buck
@karlin-buck
12 years ago
28 posts

Would you recommend I use bucks shampoos? I also have liquid Castile soap already, could I use that mixed with high quality essential oils?

Ps- thank you so much for your help. I was very close to getting sucked into the wax and dread head HQ... Bad bad bad

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

whew glad u didnt the bucks stuffs the best but theres other options if the castile soaps bronners and u dilutte it 12-1 u can use it..if you dont have hard water if u do have hard water use the bi=ucks u can use baking soda and acv too especial;uy early i=on this helps since u dont scrub at akll

--
Karlin Buck
@karlin-buck
12 years ago
28 posts

I used to wash my hair with a baking soda paste I made with water and I always had a hard time getting it all rinsed out and incorporated all through my scalp. Have you ever heard of this problem?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

s not suposed to be a paste it should be 1/2 cup bs to 5 cups water so its comoletely dissolved

--
KaarlieBirdie
@kaarliebirdie
12 years ago
22 posts

I also had long wavy hair and used tnr. I'm at about 2 months and I have found that, while it keeps the sections neater, it slows the process. A lot of my locks have comeunraveled. The roots tend to stay matted and keep the sections but my hair has un-tnr'd itself and is now reforming on its own.

I feel that because my hair was naturally wavy and knotted easily, I'd be much farther along had I gone free form neglect. But really as long as you separate the sections that form, you'll be fine. I've looked at a ton of timelines as well and it seems like a year is the norm for mature locks. I have seen people with wavy hair (I think it tends to dread well) who have mature locks at 5-6 months using neglect.

Whatever you choose to do, have fun! :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form