dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bathing and hair washing routine

Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

I feel like I ask the oddest questions on here xD but anyways,

I want to start increasing the time I wait to wash my hair. I have been washing every 2 days, no exceptions. But the last two weeks have been hectic and I missed a day. It wasn't the end of the world or anything and now I think I've skipped a day again, can't even remember.

I know it's okay to start washing less because my hair produces WAY less oil than it used to. Buuuut, I wash when I take shower, which means I'm showering every two days. I don't want to wait more than two days to wash my body.

When you guys wash your hair, is that also when you bath? Do you wear a shower cap when you're not washing your hair? Just, how can I arrange this so it works?

updated by @rose: 01/13/15 09:41:59PM
Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

I hate shower caps, but I'll use one if I must.

Robyn said:

I use a shower cap when I don't wash my hair.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i shower when i wash my hair in fact washing my hair washes my body i used to do it all with baking soda now that i use shampoo forthe most part i wash my hair and my hair washes me but mines longer then my body so thats easy to do

i use soap sometimes on my body if i want to but not too often

since i started showering only when i wash my hair all my dry skin conditions cleared up and i find my body and hair both preffer to be washed only 2 times a week

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sarahface
@sarah16
12 years ago
108 posts

I have been washing my body every day. (I used to wash my hair every day), and wash my dreads every three. On the days I don't wash my dreads I just tie them up and use a headband to help protect them from too much water-spray. Use a washcloth for your upper shoulders/face. I have been washing my bangs in the sink. :P

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I wash my hair totally separate from showers/body washing. Usually I shower when I'm getting ready for work and I'm in a hurry so I don't have time to wash my hair. I just pull it into the highest ponytail I can get. As for going longer between hair washes, let your scalp do the talking. When you start itching it's time to clean.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

depends on how i dry it in summer sun its not long winter eveb=n blowe drying it takes awhile

Robyn said:

SE? I'm sure you've been asked a million times, but I always wondered..how long does it take for your dreads to dry??

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form