Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

site donations (and rewards)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
site costs monthly arent too high, but they do exist. i dont mind covering them, however we are hurting for cash at the momment.so i came up with an idea.i may put a donate now button on here, and anything collected above whats needed to cover site costs can be applied to one of 2 options.these options will be able to be voted on by all members.option 1 - any excess funds brought in can be used to purchase an item from one of our members shops (helping the member with the shop) then that item will be awarded to a member, possibly through either voting for who desserves it most, or through contests (best post of the month, best vid upload, best personal page..etc)..or even awarded to the 500th..600th 700th etc member to join (each month can be different)option 2 - when a members having a hardship of any kind they can submit a request for donations, the members then can vote wether they want to help or preffer a chance to win a gift (greed over need)this way we can help eachother out when the needs there.ofcourse the greed vs need factor plays into this too if the request is like "i need a beer" thats sorta a greedy need ..but if instead its like i just got fired and cant afford my rent, that sorta needs more likely to get sympathy.anyway..... just ideas at this point ..id need to set up a paypall if we do it and if we do i'll set up a group where we can post how much is brought in ..and what contest/need specifics are for that month.let me know what ya all think..we can even make a "i donated" image you can post on your page to show your support (if anyone thinks thats something they'd want)i'm committed to keeping this not for profit, so i want to cycle any accidental proffits back into the communitynamaste

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 07:55:51AM
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
I think that this is a great idea. Especially recycling any accidental profit back into the community. And I really like the idea of the monthly contests, I think that would be fun!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
been thinking bout this awhile now and only now just getting around to iti'll let this thread get more responces then if all agree i'll look into setting it up in a week or 2i would love to see peyote stitches tams and stuff be giftsand when we can help people thats good too although i doubt it will be a huge help in desperrate situations but a lil bits better then nothing

--
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
I think I've said it a couple of times in different posts, but I do have lots of tams i can donate:o) soaringeagle said:
been thinking bout this awhile now and only now just getting around to it

i'll let this thread get more responces then if all agree i'll look into setting it up in a week or 2

i would love to see peyote stitches tams and stuff be gifts
and when we can help people thats good too although i doubt it will be a huge help in desperrate situations but a lil bits better then nothing
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
thats awesome :)i have a few that wont stay on my dreads if i can find emid love to help the stores on here out too though...and get more stores up too Jo said:
I think I've said it a couple of times in different posts, but I do have lots of tams i can donate

soaringeagle said:
been thinking bout this awhile now and only now just getting around to it

i'll let this thread get more responces then if all agree i'll look into setting it up in a week or 2

i would love to see peyote stitches tams and stuff be gifts
and when we can help people thats good too although i doubt it will be a huge help in desperrate situations but a lil bits better then nothing

--
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
15 years ago
219 posts
Good Idea, let's go with it and see how it works, we'll never know till we try.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i'll get to adding the button as soon as i set up a bank account and paypal..need to get new id 1st tooand we have been so busy..in the next week or 2 i'll get it upi'll probly add it right under didjes ad where it says site supporters

--
Emily
@emily
15 years ago
203 posts
sounds like a good idea to me :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
you can now fi9naly donaate to help cover expenses ill also be creatting a donation page to go up soojn with info on rewardcs etcto donate

--
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
YES!! A great idea and well over due I am sure. I agree with the idea of placing a little "I donated" image of some sort with those who donate, next to their picture/page/name or what have you, if they wish to be recognized for give and supporting this site. I really do not know what to do with the extra money...that is a hard one. Good luck figuring that one out. Lets donate and support our brothers and sisters on this site. Peace.. again for another day.
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form