Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Self improvement

Lisa Wade
@lisa-wade
12 years ago
20 posts

I would like to learn methods of meditation. I really need to learn to unwind from the madness of the world and be at peace with myself.

updated by @lisa-wade: 01/13/15 09:41:23PM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

with practice you can achieve anything, especially meditation! i find meditation to be more rewarding than any material thing this world can offer. a great way to get started to practice techniques is to follow the "guided meditation" s on youtube. i still use them :)

Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

I learned Raja Yoga techniques some years ago. I took lessons everyday, I woke everyday at 4:30 am to start the day, hours of meditation everyday, retreats to India, it was an amazing time of my life, I have experienced changes that seem permanent, I believe they are permanent. meditation is wonderful and I recommend it to you. If you learn a technique unrushed, with patience, you will love it. I don't do it like I did, I don't make excuses, I have a new baby to look after, and have just lost a bit of discipline, but I am in love with life, and nothing will get me down, hehe.

Good Luck. Enjoy. Love and Peacefulness.

Lisa Wade
@lisa-wade
12 years ago
20 posts

I think discipline is necessary in many aspects of life.

Lisa Wade
@lisa-wade
12 years ago
20 posts

I suppose trial and error to find what suits me. I need to make the time to learn the techniques and apply the concepts to my life.

Thanks

Rev. Iona Winton said:

Hi,

There are as many types of meditation as there are people. The trick is finding a method suits you personally. I took it up some 25yrs ago with a group of New Age friends. had a weekly guided meditation, for 20mins and discussed our feelings afterwards. Our homework was to listen to a taped copy of that meditation every night for the week, and really take in its message. If we had any unusual dreams we were also asked to note them down.

The very first one was to meditate on a glass of fizzy water, watching the bubbles rise & pop. We progressed to meditation that asked us questions like "Who am I?" We discussed & worked on our own and cam the conclusion that we were not our bodies, not our jobs, our homes, our cars, etc. As the weeks & years passed it led to most of us making drastic changes in our lives. I left my abusive ex and started again with just the clothes I stood up in. I had to do this in order not to lose my true self in all the materialistic clutter around me. And also loosing my sanity through his daily physical & verbal abuse.It was the best thing I ever did.

Some Buddhists meditate for hours on 'nothing'. They train themselves to completely empty their mind and anytime a thought appears they clear it out and go back to nothingness. Its not easy.

What ever method you choose, I wish you well. x

Lisa Wade
@lisa-wade
12 years ago
20 posts

I haven't heard of this form of yoga, but will research the techniques. Thanks

Hari Shabad said:

Kundalini yoga and the associated meditations have been very valuable for me.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form