Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Crochet healing. Changes in my hair after about a month.

frederic masure
@frederic-masure
12 years ago
15 posts

Hello fellow dredhedz,

I started my recovery about a month ago as I came across this site. I thought a little update may be instructive for those of you who chose the dark side and are trying to step into the light haha :-)

My first BS wash was ehm nasty! Couldn't believe how much crap came out of my locks! The water was almost black! It felt like a ritual cleansing, and the feeling of having clean dredz was awesome.

Since then I wash every 3 to 4 days experimenting with the essential oils and the amount of bicarb. I had some dandruff issues, but using less bicarb and cold water really helped a lot. I am still in the experimental stage of course, but that is in itself very instructive. I am learning a lot about my scalp as it gives me feedback while i try to give it what it needs.

My hair is going through change too. It feels lighter and cleaner. My new growth, to which my loctitian referred to as "mess that needs tidying", picks up the dreading process faster than I anticipated. It's almost like my hair is thanking me for paying more attention to it's health and is enjoying the end of the crochet era. I have loose hairs all over the place, but that's no problem whatsoever. I embrace them as a part of the healing process.

The recovery has a personal impact too. I am learning to let everything take it's course instead of obsessing and trying to control everything, letting peace and calm settle in my mind.

The most important thing I have learned so far: THE JOURNEY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE DESTINATION.

Let it be, keep the faith, and all will be well.

updated by @frederic-masure: 01/13/15 09:41:17PM
Michelle4
@michelle4
12 years ago
15 posts

THE JOURNEY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE DESTINATION.

so true :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

locticians are such silly creatures

that mess that needs tidying is just hair that needs to be allowed to dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cindy
@cindy
12 years ago
3 posts

I have heard before that the journey is the destination. Just another thought. :o) Glad you are doing ok.

Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

well said brother. Peace and blessings. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form