Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Which DreadlockShampoo bar?

Hannah :)
@hannah
12 years ago
21 posts

I'm about to order a shampoo bar for my baby dreads yay! I feel like this is kind of sealing the deal for me - I'm really gonna do this! c:
Anyway, I was wondering which you think I should get. Im really into good smells so I want to get "Goddess", but Im prone to dandruff so it might be better to get "Tea Tree & Rosemary".
Will Goddess help at all with dandruff or should i just go for the tea tree bar?

updated by @hannah: 01/13/15 09:41:05PM
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
12 years ago
170 posts

Personally liquid is probably the best for beginning/baby dreadlocks, but for the bars the tea tree and rosemary is the way to go for dandruff from what I have heard. I personally use the nag champa or dragons blood liquid and really like them. Nag Champa is just a good smell regardless in my opinion. Like if I usedincense(wish i was able to more often)I would be burning that stuff all the time.

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
12 years ago
170 posts

But overall, for dandruff, the tea tree rosemary bar is probably the best. :D Another good thing to keep dandruff down is to not use hot water when you wash, and rinse with the coldest water you can handle.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i find no matrter wich i use i have zero dandruff (almost always) in the rare times i have i used teatree rosemary

ifthe dandruffs an issue get the teatree if its only semi bad it wont matter wich u use u can get both anbd use teatree only when its acting up the most

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
12 years ago
170 posts

Also thought I should mention the bars are also slightly more conditioning(from what i've heard), just in case you didn't already know.

Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
I have the goddess, tea tree and nag champs ars, as well as the sample of dragons blood. The liquid is much better for fresh locks, and I have dandruff as well, it works well and doesn't leave me anymore flakey then when I used head & shoulders. The tea tree is very good for dandruff, and if used regularly after a bs wash I don't get flakes at all(I also wash my face with this one here lately, seems the only thing that will clear up my skin). The nag champa smells amazing, as does the goddess bar, but both leave my hair more soft and conditioned Han the others. So I use which seems to be what my head/scalp are needing. Itchier days tea tree, dryer days goddess and all that in between. Personally I've come to be known as the incense girl cause I more often than not use the nag champa cause I'm addicted to the smell! Anyway hope any of that Rambling helped.
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

I've use the Nag Champa and Patchouli both the liquid and bars and Iordered the Satsuma bar last week and it came with a sample of the Dragons Blood liquid which I haven't tried yet. So far, I love all the scents I've tried! Since I started with washing with cool water and rinsing with colder water and a really cold rinse for my final rinseI don't have much of an issue with flakes and dandruff but still cautious when wearing a black shirt when I don't wear my tam.

Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
12 years ago
100 posts

i got the liquid shampoo and about five bars for when my dreads mature. the liquid shampoo is speicifically designed for baby dreadies and helps them lock up. I got nag champa. But in the bars i got every sent and they all smell quite fabulous especially goddess

Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
12 years ago
100 posts

i love that scent too...so soothing

NaturalDreads01 said:

Personally liquid is probably the best for beginning/baby dreadlocks, but for the bars the tea tree and rosemary is the way to go for dandruff from what I have heard. I personally use the nag champa or dragons blood liquid and really like them. Nag Champa is just a good smell regardless in my opinion. Like if I usedincense(wish i was able to more often)I would be burning that stuff all the time.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form