Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

positive vibes

hippie mama
@hippie-mama
15 years ago
154 posts
hey guys i wanted to put some positive vibes on here and so i decided to tell you guys about some recent expierences. i was at wal mart a few days ago buying some vegetables in the fresh veggie isle and this straight laced lady kept staring at me so i just kept minding my buisness cuz this happens alot in the thown i live in, then she says to be hey i just wanted to tell you that i think your hair is beautiful. i was a lil shocked then i was like awe thank you so much lady. i thought that was awesome. then2 days ago i was at the mall and i was getting a veggie pizza at the vendor inside i was wearing my sublime shirt with a tye dy skirt and what not and this girl probably a teen was all like " okay are u ready for this..... i love ur hair , all the things in it i love ur shirt sublime is awesome and i love your necklace and everything else too;" it felt awesome!!! these to compliments just made my whole week! ever since i had my son my self confidence had been down cuz i was having a little trouble getting down to my normal weight and it just made me feel awesome. and the best news is i lost 6 lbs.i know its not related but im excited about it anyways.so this leads me to ask you guys whats a story that u have about some positive vibes u recieved lately.
updated by @hippie-mama: 02/14/15 06:36:26AM
Emily
@emily
15 years ago
203 posts
i just started new classes at school and today one of my teachers told me he loved my dreads!it made my day :D hes one of those cool young teachers so i like him.i also got a compliment on my bob marley shirt :)haha the other day i was wearing my TMNT shirt and i had a conversation with a friend about how im gonna name my kids after them lol. they all have such awesome names!
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
15 years ago
154 posts
pretty awesome stories. such lil things can have such a positive impact and makes us in a better mind set to be kinder to others as well
Hayley Turner
@hayley-turner
15 years ago
49 posts
Thats awesome, some of the people you least expect compliment dreads!I was in a supermarket a few months ago, wearing purple 3 quarter length shorts, some kind of floaty top and my CND converse and a guy was waiting by the pharmacy section with his 5 year old daughter, he looked very rough, knew most of the staff by name and was waiting to go into the little private room so I assumed he was probably going to take his methadone. (I know that seems judgemental but I'm pretty sure he was - respect to the guy for taking that route)Anyway, his daughter said something about my hair so he explained that they were dreadlocks and told her what they were (in a nice way), I smiled and he said 'excuse me love, no offence, but you look like an eco-warrior', I thanked him and told him that I wasn't offended. He said that he used to be like that too when he was younger. It made me pretty happy, seemed like such a lovely guy.
AmorousAndrew
@amorousandrew
14 years ago
7 posts
first of all, awsome post hippie mama! all great experiences described so far...it was last friday night i was on my way outta town to visit a friend in buffalo. I stopped at a random gas station in this rinky dink little town (I prefer back roads when I travel, far more memorable and you get a real feel of the areas history compared to a highway) to get some iced tea if i recall correctly... so i walk in this store and theres like 2 employees behind the counter and 5 customers in the store, literally every single person just looks at me and stared for my entire awkward walk to the beverage case then over to the counter. Strangely enough i'm rather used to situations as this because I love bright colors, customize clothing, knit and am 6 1/2 feet tall... so i get to the counter and the young male clerk sais "dude, i dig your style!" so i'm all stoked then the female clerk whom is around my age basically interupted him saying "i love your hair" i was very flattered. Especially cause i just sat in a truck for 2 hours by myself and was expecting some conversation just as awkward as the stares i received. Needless to say i resumed my journey with an enhanced sense of pride for the person i am, even if what they recognized was only physical it's still nice to be recognized none the less.
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
14 years ago
154 posts
all these stories are so positive that it just makes me have a better day reading them
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
my best freind chevy has been working at dominoes pizza for bout 4 months, the manager was a meth head turned born again christian who always asked chevy "do you dance naked round as fire in the woods and prey to tree spirits"? to which chevy replieed "sometimes", she ealways asked condensending questions bout her beliefs lifestyle dreads diet everytingthis same manager knowing chevy was struggling fuinacialy and in a custody battle so could not quite severely cut her hours..some days down to 1 hour work days.i'm on disability and i made more then her (chevy used to work 4 jobs, 18 hours a day 7 days a week with 0 days off in 4 years)2 days ago chevy went to work, the owner hands her the keys to the store and now chevy, the dreaded hippie pagan vegatarian firewalkker has the crazy ladies job!!!shes now the manager in charge,,many more hours..and a nice raise..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
14 years ago
154 posts
thats great to hear. ive read a few things you posted about her and shes been having a really difficult life and it seems like things are really turning around for her. thats a really great thing because even though i dont personally know her from what ive read she really deserves alot more then what she has been given and it seems like she might finally start to get all the great things she deserves. good luck to her and shes really blessed to have a good friend like you whose been doing all they can to help her out as well. you guys are always in my thoughts and i hope she gets her kids back. soaringeagle said:
my best freind chevy has been working at dominoes pizza for bout 4 months, the manager was a meth head turned born again christian who always asked chevy "do you dance naked round as fire in the woods and prey to tree spirits"? to which chevy replieed "sometimes", she ealways asked condensending questions bout her beliefs lifestyle dreads diet everyting
this same manager knowing chevy was struggling fuinacialy and in a custody battle so could not quite severely cut her hours..some days down to 1 hour work days.
i'm on disability and i made more then her (chevy used to work 4 jobs, 18 hours a day 7 days a week with 0 days off in 4 years)
2 days ago chevy went to work, the owner hands her the keys to the store and now chevy, the dreaded hippie pagan vegatarian firewalkker has the crazy ladies job!!!
shes now the manager in charge,,many more hours..and a nice raise..
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
That's so cool, I didn't know she'd been made manager, last time we talked she was barely making gas money. I'm so happy for her, give her a Big Hug for me. 2010 is starting out good, wish this weather would hold off so we could maybe get the Love Shack fixed up a bit, then comes Big Blue!!! soaringeagle said:
my best freind chevy has been working at dominoes pizza for bout 4 months, the manager was a meth head turned born again christian who always asked chevy "do you dance naked round as fire in the woods and prey to tree spirits"? to which chevy replieed "sometimes", she ealways asked condensending questions bout her beliefs lifestyle dreads diet everyting
this same manager knowing chevy was struggling fuinacialy and in a custody battle so could not quite severely cut her hours..some days down to 1 hour work days.
i'm on disability and i made more then her (chevy used to work 4 jobs, 18 hours a day 7 days a week with 0 days off in 4 years)
2 days ago chevy went to work, the owner hands her the keys to the store and now chevy, the dreaded hippie pagan vegatarian firewalkker has the crazy ladies job!!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
she was made manager day b4 yesterday..total surprise worked a 13 hour training shift and today was 1st day fully in charge.. we were so happys Lonnie Berg said:
That's so cool, I didn't know she'd been made manager, last time we talked she was barely making gas money. I'm so happy for her, give her a Big Hug for me. 2010 is starting out good, wish this weather would hold off so we could maybe get the Love Shack fixed up a bit, then comes Big Blue!!!

soaringeagle said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form