Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Face Wash

DreadfulAmenita
@taby
12 years ago
80 posts

Looking for a new face wash and face lotion. I'd been using the Body Shop products for a year, but suddenly I'm breaking out as soon as I use it. I want to try something more natural/organic anyways. Any brands beloved out there? I like Kiss My Face body wash.

Also, I just got Rosemary oil for some dandruff issues. Does anyone know if it is okay to dilute it and spray and leave on the scalp or just to wash with it?

updated by @taby: 02/14/15 09:10:29AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the rosemary u can yes

www.buckscountysoapfactory.com makes some great allnatural washes exfoliating bars etc ive used a couple they work great

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DreadfulAmenita
@taby
12 years ago
80 posts

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I'be heard good thigs about baking soda actually. I've been using that instead of facial soap for about a week. My face is rather sensitive and my hormones are all whacked out so I'm breaking out a bit, but my skin is really soft! There's a post around here somewhere about all the different uses for baking soda. I'm gonna fiddle with a couple different things to make it a bit more interesting than just plain bs.
DreadfulAmenita
@taby
12 years ago
80 posts

Oh, I sooo miss Trader Joe's! There's one on the other coast of FL from me, but a little far. I'm hoping wherever we move in the next month will have a Trader Joe's.

Do those bars SE mentioned leave your face feeling squeaky. I don't usually use bars because of that.

I may try the baking soda thing, though I haven't really enjoyed using it in my hair. Maybe I'll have better luck with it on my face.

Kimberly Eve
@kimberly-eve
12 years ago
59 posts
Have you considered using the oil cleansing method?: http://www.crunchybetty.com/nitty-gritty-on-the-oil-cleansing-method It really works, even for oily skin types and there is no need for extra moisturizer.And you can use baking soda a couple of times a week for exfoliation.
KaarlieBirdie
@kaarliebirdie
12 years ago
22 posts

I've been using baking soda with like 2 or 3 drops of tea tree oil on my face for about a week now and I've seen and felt a huge difference! I have an oily t-zone and acne prone skin but the bs and tea tree have balanced it out and its an amazing exfoliant! babys butt soft. and all natural :)

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

Kaarlie, how much bs do you use for it? I've just been sprinkling some in my palm then adding a couple drops of water from my fingertips (I do this in the shower), then rubbing it in. This morning I added a drop or 2 of tea tree oil and loved it.

KaarlieBirdie
@kaarliebirdie
12 years ago
22 posts

with tea tree its like a cleansing/warming scrub isn't it? I use BS twice a day, with tea tree once, and I do the same thing, dump it into my palm, a few drops of water...its probably about a tablespoons worth of baking soda though :)

Mons said:

Kaarlie, how much bs do you use for it? I've just been sprinkling some in my palm then adding a couple drops of water from my fingertips (I do this in the shower), then rubbing it in. This morning I added a drop or 2 of tea tree oil and loved it.

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I'd say I use about a 1/4 tsp, literally just a sprinkle. Just enough for it to exfoliate the first round then a few more sprinkles of water to dissolve it the rest of the way to finish up. I love it with tea tree, it's cool and tingly! That really helps wake me up for work early early in the morning.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form