Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question about dread wrapping

MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
I have a question for you awesome dreadheads.. Say you have a few dreads wrapped with hemp. Is it ok to leave the wraps in permanently or would that weaken the dreads?I have some wraps and have grown fond of them. I was thinking they would be great markers later down the road as they grow.Also the same question for beads? Do you need to keep your beads rotating or can you leave em be once you place them?These may seem like silly questions, but my curious inquiring mind is stumped and I want to make sure i keep the dreads happy and healthy.
updated by @mountainwillow: 01/13/15 08:29:34PM
Christopher
@christopher
15 years ago
7 posts
i have had a wrap in my hair for almost two years now and i dont see any weak spots around the wrap so i would say its fine. i dont time them to insanely tight though, they also loosen up in the wash though. with beads i move them around and what now but not on purpose just out of habit. i dont see a problem leaving them in one spot though seems like it would just protect it. hope i was some help!
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
15 years ago
155 posts
After you wash, make sure you dry the dreads with wraps on them well with a blow dryer. Chances are if you were just to let them air dry mold/mildew could form underneath the wrap or a large bead, seen it happen before.
Hayley Turner
@hayley-turner
15 years ago
49 posts
The only downside I have found to leaving a wrap in permanently (well for a few months) is that when I removed it the new growth at the roots hadn't started to lock as much as the rest of them, I now have a four dreads which are very loose at the roots because the hair couldn't move around enough to lock. Its not that bad though.
MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
thanks for all the perspectives :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form