Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Canadian reviews Wax-Be-Gone!

Homestar
@homestar
12 years ago
17 posts

Hello! I ordered wax-be-gone in october and it arrived today (yay!! Sucks that it takes forever to get things from the states, but thats life :) ). I just tried it out, so here is my review!

Similar to what the other wax-be-gone review says, my container came with a sample of their shampoo - which, by the way, smells AMAZING and I will definitely be ordering some more!!!
The smell of the wax-be-gone reminded me of some orange cleaner that my mom used when I was a kid; not unpleasant though. I got my hair wet and then lathered up - it had the consistency of agave without the sticky and stayed in the hair nicely so there was little drippage or mess. I got every dread and let it sit, then rinsed it out and followed with the shampoo. Immediately after my first try, here are my observations:
1. My hair felt like hair again. I hadn't realized how stiff my dreads were until I used this; they move like hair!
2. They got majorly puffy. Which is fine. They are nice and soft now, and for the most part don't have a hard core to them.
3. Most of my hair stayed knotted (they are 5 months old and were crocheted once. I used wax once a week for the first 2 months and then stopped.). A lot of the hair at the nape of my neck came out and around my temples as well.
Overall I would say from my first try, this stuff works GREAT. I will do it again (I dropped the jar and spilled half of it...slippery hands...oops) but I have enough for another go. Just from one wash, I feel like most of the wax is out, and now I just have to learn to accept my electric shock baby fine frizzies everywhere!

This is a great product and I would highly recommend it.

updated by @homestar: 01/13/15 09:39:43PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

sux u dropped it i would recomend using it several more times not just once more

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

oh also its possible that the reason it took so li=ong to get it is the superstorm sandy had knocked out power for weeks she had no power no heat and wasnt even able to stay at home..im not sure if that is why but i wouldnt doubt it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Homestar
@homestar
12 years ago
17 posts

that actually makes total sense, since it was stuck in florida for a while...!

Homestar
@homestar
12 years ago
17 posts

I should also add i've washed it again with the wax-be-gone (and I still have enough left for 2 washes i'd wager!) and my hair is feeling lighter and puffier each time. My hair has also started looping like crazy...even the 'perfect' looking front dreads I used to have are looping! So intense!!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form