Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

remembering your hair before dreads

BlasphemyBlack
@blasphemyblack
12 years ago
35 posts
so, me and a friend were remanising and doing the old 'remember this time last year' chat, talking about how much things have changed. well shes 8 months pregant and moving in with her partner end of the month and im, well im not a mess.aside from that we were talking bout photos from epic nights out this time last year. wen i got home i started looking through them and the first thing i thought was 'were are my dreads' but at the time that was me, that was just how i looked and how i wanted to look . it just soo different, can i have changed so much without realising?I loved, like adored my hair back then and still love it but it feels so different from ME now,i know people change alot in a year anyway but it seems like im looking at a completely different person. obviously i look different because of the physical difference of haveing dreads but, the reacion i have mentaly to old pictures of me is... well kinda detatched, like that was from 'before' somehow!!just wondering if anyone else looks at old pics and thinks differently of those old pictures now
updated by @blasphemyblack: 01/13/15 09:39:29PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly and ive had my dreads so lok=ng it seems like i always have but theres 1 dreadless picture of me floting around and i didnt recognize it as me! except for something i had worn around my neck that made me even realize it was me

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

Yes, totally. Look at these 3 different pictures of me:

Crazy, huh? I can't even explain how much I can change in a year! It's like looking at a different person. When I remember stuff sometimes it's likerememberingthe story of someone else. I know everything has made me who I am today, but I feel so detached from past events, when I was a different person than who I am now.

updated by @rose: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

I don't like having my picture taken, so I don't really have any pics to look at of myself. I am a completely different person from what I was last year before I started. I did find a picture a while ago of myself from like 9 years ago and thought 'oh wow she's pretty who is that? Oh, shit that's me, what happened?!?!' Total disconnection. I like me now tho, I'm glad I'm not the person I was when that picture was taken.

BlasphemyBlack
@blasphemyblack
12 years ago
35 posts

im glad im not the only one!!

i gues we all have memories from specific pictures, relating to pin points in time!!

this is from last summer and i can just about relate to it. like i said i loved my hair as it was then and everything since up till starting dreads but idefiantlyfeel more 'ME' now then back then!! ive really 'FOUND' my self in the last 18 months as an individual and have turned so muchroundin my life, the last 5 months since ive been on my dread journey have been a kind of confirmation that i have changed my life and i AM moving on.

i am as alwaystrulyglad to have this place and you guys to relate to always!!!

updated by @blasphemyblack: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form