Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What Do you do?!?!

Logan Arehart
@logan-arehart
12 years ago
13 posts

Okay, well It may just be me, but I'm sure i'm not the only one this happens to. I guess everyone around me has the need to like stroke my hair or touch it, that may be weird but i cant be the only one that has this happen to XD and being at such a crucial part where i just really need to let them be on their own, i don't know what to do! Anyone else have this problem at such a important stage in their journey? Anybody know what I could do? hahaha It may soundridiculous but at school, or at home, or heck! even strangers, people like to touch my hair or stroke it. I cant stand it but i cant get mad haha. what do you guys do? and anyone have any good stories on the matter? alright go!

peace and love all <3

updated by @logan-arehart: 01/13/15 09:39:17PM
Lily-Nicole
@lily-nicole
12 years ago
20 posts

I just posted a couple horror stories about this in another thread but to summarize it all people will smell and touch your hair. Maybe not smell, but I got my dreads sniffed.

Honestly, you have to enhance your calm and lay out your healthy boundaries. If they have healthy boundaries themselves they will stop. I was like you at first and got pretty mad when people just touched my hair, but it happens so often you just learn to get used to it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

just explain that messi g with it will disrupt the proceess but come back in a few months and they can touch it all they want

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form