Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hairstyling help!

Skye2
@skye2
12 years ago
17 posts

Okay so I am on month 2 of my natural neglect dreadlock journey and I am at a loss of what to do with this hair. It is so long and now the change in season has made it full of static electricity. All I want to do is throw it up in a bun on the top of my head, which I have been doing. But now its clumping all myseparatedreadstogether, so I can't do that anymore. I am alone here? Or can anyone think back that far and remember what they did withtheirhair?

updated by @skye2: 02/14/15 04:42:28AM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

baby dreads that are still sectioning, forming, then locking need as little touching as possible. i was hesitent to put my hair up even after 8 months. its easier now that they are all sectioned and locked. but for the most part i let mine just hang loose.

however, you have longer hair than i did when i began. just let it ride, and if anything when i used to do is gently tuck my bangs behind my ears, but i didnt even do that for months to help em lock.

i have noticed, since my bangs were nearly last to lock, that putting them behind your ear when going to sleep helps then form that way faster :)

happy dreading sister!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

they will try to congo more if u tie em up too much so just leave em down when u can and when u cant just play around with diferent ways to tie em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

my hair just got long enough to start messing with different ways to put them up, i uploaded pics if you care to check em out. just some ideas to keep the babies loose but still look nice. show em off :)

Logan Arehart
@logan-arehart
12 years ago
13 posts

You have to learn to love them down:) and the frizzieness, because its all bound to happen, its happened to all of us, still is happening to some of us and will happen eventually for the rest! Besides the fact, just let it hang, let 'em free. if you just have to try a tam so they don't clump together and congo, and it's still loose enough for them to stay in their sections. other than that maybe a loose wrap, or you may just have toseparatemore often if you don't want a jumbled mess. I'm sure you'll figure out your style soon:)

peace and love<3 happy dreading Sister

Skye2
@skye2
12 years ago
17 posts

Thank you and I know I need to stop touching them I can't help it :/ I like playing with my hair.

Castaway J said:

baby dreads that are still sectioning, forming, then locking need as little touching as possible. i was hesitent to put my hair up even after 8 months. its easier now that they are all sectioned and locked. but for the most part i let mine just hang loose.

however, you have longer hair than i did when i began. just let it ride, and if anything when i used to do is gently tuck my bangs behind my ears, but i didnt even do that for months to help em lock.

i have noticed, since my bangs were nearly last to lock, that putting them behind your ear when going to sleep helps then form that way faster :)

happy dreading sister!

Skye2
@skye2
12 years ago
17 posts

That is a really good idea I should get a beanie. I do have a few bandanas around the house or maybe even a scarf? That would help keep it at least out of my face.

Julia Alayna said:

use a hat like a loose beanie or a tam. bandana's are awesome. I have to wear my hair up for work but I either tie it loose or use my own dreads to leave the bottom half down and to tie the top half up. It happens but you can just minimize the times you do have to style them.

Skye2
@skye2
12 years ago
17 posts

Okay lol and I will def check them out! haha

Castaway J said:

my hair just got long enough to start messing with different ways to put them up, i uploaded pics if you care to check em out. just some ideas to keep the babies loose but still look nice. show em off :)

Skye2
@skye2
12 years ago
17 posts

Thank you, I have been spraying the frizz with salt water :) At at that point where some days I just love my hair and others I'm like where is that brush. hahadefinitelylearning patience in all this. I have been tying them back with each other it isn't a solid hold. It's weird just everything is knotting from the middle.

Logan Arehart said:

You have to learn to love them down:) and the frizzieness, because its all bound to happen, its happened to all of us, still is happening to some of us and will happen eventually for the rest! Besides the fact, just let it hang, let 'em free. if you just have to try a tam so they don't clump together and congo, and it's still loose enough for them to stay in their sections. other than that maybe a loose wrap, or you may just have toseparatemore often if you don't want a jumbled mess. I'm sure you'll figure out your style soon:)

peace and love<3 happy dreading Sister

Skye2
@skye2
12 years ago
17 posts

I know I know leave them be :) I will try my best not to tie/touch them :)

soaring eagle said:

they will try to congo more if u tie em up too much so just leave em down when u can and when u cant just play around with diferent ways to tie em

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form