Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

feeling inspired.. would love everyone's input and ideas :)

Jess2
@jess2
12 years ago
29 posts

So, I have almost finished my first year of university and am coming into a 3 month long break over summer. After a year of academic work and not being able to concentrate on much else I'm feeling hella inspired for creativeness over the break! Here are some of the things I would like to spend my time doing.

I love hooping and have given myself some goals etc with that

I would like to try to make my own natural deoderant successfully

I want to try and improve my music mixing skills as this is something I have really neglected lately

I would like to take up some sort of crafty activity though I am not sure what.. any ideas lovely people???

Apart from these few things I'm not too sure what else to spend my time doing. I would lovev any suggestions you have or things you enjoy doing with your spare time. Anything creative, healing, good for the mind and soul? I am just really looking to improve myself, my spirituality and put my time into something worthwhile.

Thanks for your help guys I appreciate anyone who has something to offer!

love n light!!

updated by @jess2: 02/14/15 04:36:33AM
HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
You could always learn to crochet. Maybe make some tams or stuffed animals or something. It's one of my favorite hobbies.
Jess2
@jess2
12 years ago
29 posts

Thanks for the advice :) Ive found a couple of sites from people who say it worked but I will have a read over them at the time and see which one I think I can make successfully! Very keen to get rid of all the toxic substances we use everyday without even thinking twice

Amanda said:

http://goincrunchy.blogspot.com/2012/04/homemade-deodorant.html

I used the above website and made my own natural deodorant with a good friend of mine. We didn't quite get the balance right, so it never fully hardened. I plan to try again when I get the ingredients (she was the one to buy them last time).

Jess2
@jess2
12 years ago
29 posts

Thanks :) yeh I was thinking of learning to crochet and then eventually setting up an etsy to sell my creations on. how did you learn to make tams? is there anywhere on the internet i can learn?

love n light sista!

HayleyB124 said:

You could always learn to crochet. Maybe make some tams or stuffed animals or something. It's one of my favorite hobbies.
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

You could learn to knit as well. Make hemp jewelry. Ravelry is a great place to find patterns and stuff for both knitting and crocheting. YouTube is awesome for tutorials, if you're a visual learner.

I'm about to set up and Etsy or some sort of site to see if any of my stuff will sell. I have to gather up all the shit I've made and take pics of it first tho lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

change your diet and u wont ned deoderant

and go to a rainbow gathering theres a few regionals around now

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cody VanItt
@cody-vanitt
12 years ago
5 posts

start a garden iknow its winter but i grow my stuff inside it keeps me busy like 24/7 but thats just b/c of the type of plants i am growing rite now.... i have my card and so do the ppl i live with so its okay
and by no means am i saying to grow that stuff pshh id rec u never grow that it takes to much time to much trouble and heart break lol
but i also have tomatoes and all that fun stuff in an outside garden(sadly its winter atm)
anyways all in all gardening is fun rewarding and a nice way to get in touch with mother nature
and all natural organic garden goes with out mean even having to say :p chemicals are bad for nature and ppl them selfs so why would they put in on nature itself thats jsut how i see it tho lol well thats all i have to say :p hope this helped a little and if not oh well everyones diff in there own ways :)

Jess2
@jess2
12 years ago
29 posts

sick! thanks I will have a look at that site! awesome you should post a link to your etsy once you get it up and running :)

Mons said:

You could learn to knit as well. Make hemp jewelry. Ravelry is a great place to find patterns and stuff for both knitting and crocheting. YouTube is awesome for tutorials, if you're a visual learner.

I'm about to set up and Etsy or some sort of site to see if any of my stuff will sell. I have to gather up all the shit I've made and take pics of it first tho lol

Jess2
@jess2
12 years ago
29 posts

I live in a tropical climate so I definitely need some sort of deoderant haha :) and I would love to go to a rainbow gathering but in Australia they are always down the south and it costs too much money to get there :( it is my dream to make it to one someday though!! My dad lives in America so I want to plan a time to go see him that matches with one of the gatherings over there I think it would be amazing!

soaring eagle said:

change your diet and u wont ned deoderant

and go to a rainbow gathering theres a few regionals around now

Jess2
@jess2
12 years ago
29 posts

haha thanks for the input i would actually love to start getting into gardening, I might try and learn some stuff from my step dad :) and luckily its coming into summer in Australia so perfect gardening weather :):) hope your plants go well i know the heartbreak you are talking about with them haha i have had friends who have grown and when things have gone wrong its the saddest thing after so much hard work!

Cody VanItt said:

start a garden iknow its winter but i grow my stuff inside it keeps me busy like 24/7 but thats just b/c of the type of plants i am growing rite now.... i have my card and so do the ppl i live with so its okay
and by no means am i saying to grow that stuff pshh id rec u never grow that it takes to much time to much trouble and heart break lol
but i also have tomatoes and all that fun stuff in an outside garden(sadly its winter atm)
anyways all in all gardening is fun rewarding and a nice way to get in touch with mother nature
and all natural organic garden goes with out mean even having to say :p chemicals are bad for nature and ppl them selfs so why would they put in on nature itself thats jsut how i see it tho lol well thats all i have to say :p hope this helped a little and if not oh well everyones diff in there own ways :)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form