Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hair That DreadheadHQ Is Proud Of

DreadfulScotty
@dreadfulscotty
12 years ago
19 posts

Before I knew the truth about how dreadlocks are formed, I purchased the most expensive dread kit from DreadheadHQ back in July and got started working on my locks soon after. They include a newsletter called "Lock-Up-Dates".

Well, today I found the 3 month newsletter update sitting in my inbox. They tell you exactly how your "dreadlocks" should be looking, what to expect, and what to do.

"If you have dreads that have a locked core in part of the dread and are looser in another part you can add a small amount of wax to the looser part and skip the part of the dread that's tight. " - Knotty Jonny C.

I personally had trouble with dread wax around month 2 when I found a bunch of dirty wax stuck in my dreadlocks (I already went into that story on my blog, so click on that link if you want to see my pictures and stuff) . " Locked cores" was what I had with all dreads that had w ax gunked up in them !

Below are a few of the pictures from Dread headHQ displaying what you should expect at month 3 :

( There used to be more pictures here, until I was asked to remove them.)

So many of these have the appearance of waxy candles, I feel terrible for guys above who fell into the DHHQ trap.

I have been using Dawn dish soap and Wax B-Gone from Dreadlock Shampoo with success. If you have used wax, even lightly like I did, work on getting that dread wax out !

updated by @dreadfulscotty: 02/14/15 03:17:30AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

The last one is probably the best. But still not what 3 month old locks should look like if healthy.

That locked core DHHQ talks about, isn't actually locked. It's just hardened wax. Glad the Dish soap has been helping. The wax b gone will work wonders too

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

god

i try sooooo hard to not laugh at their miswery

but how can u not?

ok there was a tear too but those are rediculouse

comical

but at the same time..theres anger and outrage

they actualy convince people this is a good thing?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Eagle, I thinkthe 4th down should be the new "noob" photo for the points system

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hey everytime u get this newsletter post the pics

would be great to have em to compare to good healthy dreads

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

haha not much difference waxy is wqaxy but that is the strangest 1 ive seen other then the 1 that was like 2 foot tall waxy liberty spikes with likr 4 inch bases some salon posted as their advertisement picsa..lol

its unfortunate tho that pics like these get indexed on google and associated with our site but hopefully most will click em and read and realize they arent dreads started here but othersites like dhhq

dreadheadhq should be ashamed not proud of these

Baba Fats said:

Eagle, I thinkthe 4th down should be the new "noob" photo for the points system

--
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

right on man, glad you have made a successful recovery bro

calipark
@calipark
12 years ago
54 posts

glad you found your way, the right way. your dreads need time to recover and start to look healthy. but they should be fine. expect some messyness and lots of loose hairs! that's what you should hope for. get ready for some real dreading ^_^.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i had a very long talk with 1 of the guys pictured here (actualy his pics were removed and looked the least messed up of them all)

predictably the conversation went like this (long convo paraphrased ) wax isnt bad yes it is no its not yes it is ok heres some proof omg i should just sgave my head no its ok we can dsave them...long paus ..wait t]=your dreds dreaded without doing anything in just weekls? yes you must be crazy or a liar..no its true your crazy nope you should read some on dreadlockssite or at least ask others opinions no i dont have to well you should but i wont well even jonny clean came on to ask us how to remive wax no he didnt yes he did heres the link im not reading u-it your just 1 person pushing your opinion no actualy thats why ui said go on my site ask everyon e theres 10,000 opinions that would all tell you wax is bad liar you dont have 10,000 members u[=yes i do heres the link im not reading it i doont have to i believe jonny clean i like his products..then asks me id=f i believe in god and states he doesmt believe there was a big banfg etc..anyways

it took hours and hours but think his mind opened a bit finaly

so he maybe ddropping by tomoro to read up on the truth about wax

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Let's hope so. I'll be here for a while tomorrow to help out

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags