Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Care for Tarnished beads

Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
12 years ago
91 posts

Hey all. I was wondering if any of you have delt with tarnished beads in dreadies at all. I just got out of the shower and for some reason all of my metal beads are that super gross brown color. I've had most of them in for a few months, and one for 6 months so It's not like its my first time doing an BS ACV wash with them. The only thing that I can think of is that it's my first time doing a deep clean at this new house, which probably has different water than my old apartment.

Also, a lot are stuck in so I can't take them out =/

They are all craft beads from Pat Catans or Joanne Fabrics.

updated by @aya-heartright: 01/13/15 09:38:55PM
Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
This is what I do with my cheapo jewelry from Claire's when it tarnishes. Mayhaps with your new water the bs is just not strong enough.
Mix 2 tbsp. water with 1/4 cup baking soda to create a paste. Dampen a clean sponge with cool water and dip the sponge into the paste.

Rub the tarnished silver with the sponge. Continuing applying more paste and rubbing the silver until you have removed the tarnish.

Rinse the paste residue off the silver and buff dry with a lint free towel.If the tarnish does not come off, could it be that the silver/nickel plating is eroded and you now have tarnished copper beads?
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
12 years ago
1,302 posts

I know that hard water tarnishes silver plated cutlery. If your new house has this, it would be the cause.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

orange oil banana oil etc theres an all natural jewlery cleaner i used that was basicly oranf-ge banana and some other oils it would remove tarnish just by wipinf or dipping

very strong stuff so ifd wipe it on then rinse it off

jewlery making suply stores would have it i think i bought it where i bought my silver but cant remember

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
you can also use watered down tooth paste. just make sure its the white ones.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form