Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ingredients: are these good for my dreads

ashley walker
@ashley-walker
12 years ago
35 posts

Palm oil and/or coconut oil and/ or palm kernel oil and/or olive oil, vegetable glycerin, organic shea butter, mineral pigments or natural colorants, blends of fragrance, natural oils and essential oils.

It's a soap bar that i use for my body and it causes bubbles but it says 100% vegetable oils so I thought id ask

updated by @ashley-walker: 01/13/15 09:38:48PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

No. The palm oil, Coconut oik, and olive oil, as well as the glycerin are all going to condition your hair. That's something you obviously don't want for locks. Some african textured hair needs more conditioning, but that's even too much for that hair type. Plus, "blends of fragrance" means nothing. You can mix certain chemicals together to get different scents. That fact that they don't specify what is used, you can assume that it's no from a natural source.

jacquie2
@jacquie2
12 years ago
24 posts
all i like to use is just a touch of shea butter but be careful that it is pure and unrefined... i am a bit spoiled as my sis travels to Ghana ,Africa every week and is able to get me unrefined shea butter rite from the shea nut mmmm !
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

the combination of oils and fragrance could leave residue as it conditions your hair. I wouldn't use it in my hair.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the shea would be good for hers (jacquie) but not for yours

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jacquie2
@jacquie2
12 years ago
24 posts

soaring eagle said:

the shea would be good for hers (jacquie) but not for yours

undestandably but i only use it on the more mature dreds plus i color my hair so its abit on the dry side and does seem to help a bit with that ! also when i do use it wich isnt that often i use less than a pinkynail bit and really rub in my hands well before puttinng it on those dreds :D

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form