Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just joined and wanted to say hello. :)

Heather3
@heather3
12 years ago
4 posts

Hello everyone! So many gorgeous dreads around here. <3 I've had this site bookmarked for ages and I finally got around to signing up for a profile.

So, about me... I turn 29 next month. I love animals (have two cats and a Pomeranian). I'm really into video games, especially World of Warcraft. I spend a lot of time working on random art and crafts...needle felting, sculpting, painting, hemp jewelry, decoupage...whatever catches my interest at the time. I love camping but don't do it as much as I should, probably due to a rather severe spider phobia, haha. I collect unicorns.

I started my first set of dreads several years ago on a whim. One of my friends had dreads and she insisted I would look good with them too, but I resisted for months. Then I went to a music festival in a nearby town and saw a woman in her 50's or 60's with spectacular salt-and-pepper colored dreads and I was inspired. I started backcombing a few days later. Unfortunately I had zero idea of the proper way to make/maintain dreads at the time, so I used KnottyBoy's wax. I know, I know. After using it only once I decided that it was a horrible idea, but by then it was too late. I removed as much of the wax as I could, but when I combed them out a year later, there was still wax in the center. Eew.

My second set was started properly, without wax or "product", but they existed during a very drama-filled time in my life and I felt like there was a lot of bad energy tied up in them. I combed them out after just a few months and regretted it almost immediately. Shortly after that I started my third (and current) set of dreads. They just turned a year old a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not sure what else to put, so I'm going to go wander around on the site. Looking forward to meeting everyone! :D

updated by @heather3: 01/13/15 09:38:45PM
taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

Glad that you decided to join us :) I too am a WOW player. Been playing since it came out. I am on Dragonblight. Manarain is my main. It is nice to have a fellow nerd on the forum :)

Κύριε Ελέησόν
@κύριε-ελέησόν
12 years ago
92 posts
Welcome! I enjoyed reading your introduction! Lol, unfortunately I'm not as cool as the previous posters... I died on WoW then couldn't find my body. I was totally confused and my brother wouldn't help, HA!!! That's the extent of my WoW experience.I do however relate to the story of your second set of dreads. I combed my first set out for the same general reason... I started them in the midst of a very long and drawn out break up. They were full of bad vibes. Similar to you I regretted it and here I am with you today!All the best!
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

Welcome Heather!!

Heather3
@heather3
12 years ago
4 posts

Glad to meet you all! :D Nice to see some other gamers around here. I run Alliance on Kargath and Horde on Ghostlands.

Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

Welcome! I'm 29 as well with two cats and a 7 month old baby. I'm a gamer geek girl, but....I've never played Wow. I'm scared to! I did however used to play D&D in college. :) We'd meet up at least once a week for an 8 hour session or more.

Skully
@skully
12 years ago
23 posts

You sound awesome lol

Love your story :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome i played lineage 1 and lineage 2 from beta on i played woew a lil but it was so boring compared to lineage

i havent played any of them in a few years tho i go through phases where ill play games alot then work alot then get wrapped up in somerthing else alot

dont really stick to just 1 thing too long

(except this site wich keeps me busy)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form