Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

So I tried twist n rip a bit and...

Dawn Zimmerman
@dawn-zimmerman
12 years ago
16 posts

...I found that my loc had loose hair sticking out everywhere, not just frizzies, but peices of hair. What did I do wrong? Or is that normal? My hair is 4 inches long at it's shortest parts, maybe 5 at its longest. (layered and permed)

updated by @dawn-zimmerman: 08/21/21 03:38:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts
its normal just leave em alo0ne to dread tnr and all methods are only a way to define sectioms they are unesaacary completely too just let it be and it will dread just fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dawn Zimmerman
@dawn-zimmerman
12 years ago
16 posts

After I tried the tnr I did just that, left them alone. I haven't combed my hair in two days and no conditioner or products. I have gently put my bangs up in a clip, though or I can't see. lol I partially did it just to see what would happen, like an adventure. lol This feels so foreign to me! When do you get used to it?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts
depends ppl that go natural it just happens so its a process thats magical and exciting pp that make em tend to then panic and worry abiut them falling out having loose hairs frizz loose roots etc etcwhen u ger used to it depends alot on you and how you handle thingsbutif u ever cut or comb em out..thats hard to get used to u go thru dread looss depression a feeling like u lost a peice of your soulu dont feel like you again till u dread againso sometime in there your dreads and you become oneyou dont get used to them ..you become one with them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dawn Zimmerman
@dawn-zimmerman
12 years ago
16 posts

That's beautifully put, thanks!

soaring eagle said:

depends ppl that go natural it just happens so its a process thats magical and exciting pp that make em tend to then panic and worry abiut them falling out having loose hairs frizz loose roots etc etc

when u ger used to it depends alot on you and how you handle things

but

if u ever cut or comb em out..thats hard to get used to u go thru dread looss depression a feeling like u lost a peice of your soul
u dont feel like you again till u dread again

so sometime in there your dreads and you become one
you dont get used to them ..you become one with them
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

You won't know when you get used to it, or become one with them. It just happens. Then one day you wake up, or are eating a meal, in school, at work...whatever. Your hand will drift up or something and you'll realize 'I have dreads, when did that happen? When was the last time I thought about what's going on on my head?' Then you kind of obsess about them in other ways. What kind of beads, wraps, decorations to put in them. New ways to tie them up, braid them, create new styles with them. That's (for me) about the time that people really start to notice and comment on your beautiful locks.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form