Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Twist n Rip ~ @ 2 1/2 months so far

Jaimie Nadeau
@jaimie-nadeau
12 years ago
10 posts

I started my dreadlock journey on August 11, 2012. I decided to go with the twist and rip method because at the time it seemed the easiest. I also didn't realize that doing absolutely nothing would have been even easier. I've had my dreads for 2.5 months so far. I couldn't love them anymore. I do absolutely no maintenance, except washing and separating. I wash every 2-3 days using Dr. Bronners Lavender scented shampoo :] This is my hair before I started my journey.

This was the first night of Bonnaroo 2012...where all the hoopers and the drum circles made for such a magical night! That's also my soul mate standing next to me :]
But, as you can kind of tell, except I'm wearing a hood.. I have really soft and shiny hair. It's also pretty thin.

This was around day 5 I think. The dreads were starting to get pretty loose around the roots. I also wish I had blonde dreads.... *sighhhh*
I hadn't washed yet at this point... and I have quite a bit of loose hairs goin' on.

This was some time after the second week. They lost some thickness and became even more loose at the roots. I also was taking photos of myself at this time... not my hair. Sorry there isn't a better view of the hair, thus the back of my head. Like I said... If only I was blonde you could see much better ;]

This is at almost 1 month. Taken on September 1st. I put a few beads in and was very ecstatic to start accessorizing. I took them out after a few days. As y'all can see from the photos, loose roots, loose tips. There is some good knotting going on.

This is most recent photo. Except for the one I'm about to take after typing this, and adding on to the end.
This is my soul mate and I at the Virgin Mobile Freefest that was put on in Columbia, Maryland. Jack White! Skrillex! ZZ Top!? What?! Trampled by Turtles... Okay I'm sorry.... you should of just been there. This is right before my 2 month mark. They're some great knotting, some awesome loops and the roots are actually starting to look like they're supposed to. Key word: Starting.

Anyways, aren't we adorable in this picture?

-TAKING LOOPAGE PHOTOS-

I'm at work, so yes I look scrubby. I'm lazy and also didn't shower today :)

Wow, those are terrible pictures. See what I mean about not being photogenic? I guess I could of showered also though.... Whatever

Almost every little dready has some crazy looping and/or zig zagging or just straight up folding in half. This is all sooooo exciting! Feedback is SOO welcomed ;]

Peace & Love y'all! (I'm from Maine...this y'all accent is so fake...)

updated by @jaimie-nadeau: 02/14/15 04:44:39AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome looping u got goin on

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
B likes Tea
@b-likes-tea
12 years ago
21 posts
Wow, looking great! I didn't go this year, but maybe we'll see each other at Bonnaroo next year, dread friend! =]
Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
looking amazing! great progress you got there :)
Jaimie Nadeau
@jaimie-nadeau
12 years ago
10 posts

Thanks everyone! It's so nice to hear feedback. I love having people confirm that my dreads are heading in the right direction.

=)

Steena
@steena
12 years ago
3 posts
I started mine Aug. 20 Twist n rip also but they were going nowhere...so i took them out and starting over..been with neglect nothing....i don't get it?!?! Any ood suggestions..yours are looking good :)
Jaimie Nadeau
@jaimie-nadeau
12 years ago
10 posts

Thanks, friend!
How long did you wait until you decided to take them out? The first few weeks were the worst, because all you want is beautiful locks, and you just look like a frizzy freak, and it seems like there is nothing taking place. I just kept up with it because I figured taking them out was going to be too much work... haha and a week or so after that, they started changing and now I see changes in them every day!
All I do is wash with Dr. Bronners every 2-3 days and seperate. I let them air dry because blowdrying just takes too much time for me.

Steena
@steena
12 years ago
3 posts
I took them out 2 days ago. I wish i had frizz i had nothing only a clump of hair on top they all fell out :( even neglect was doing nothing... I have not brushed my hair in 6 months i only shampoo every 2-3 days i guess i just need more patience :)
Jaimie Nadeau
@jaimie-nadeau
12 years ago
10 posts

Damn, that's quite a while to go without having any progress. I'm pretty new to this myself, so I'm not sure any advice to give you. What were you washing with?

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Steena, it can take up to a year for some hair types for any progress to be noticeable. There are a couple members here that have had to deal with that. Ixchel and Baba Fats. Dreads don't happen over night. Try to be patient hun.Jaimie, very nice!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form