Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dry dreadocks

nicaz
@nicaz
12 years ago
4 posts

Hi all any suggestions my dreads are dry aloe vera gel doesnt seem to help and I already use apple cider vinegar rinse. I had dry hair before getting my dreads so its nothing new. Anything else I could use on them without damaging them?

updated by @nicaz: 01/13/15 09:38:26PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

are u using oure aloe or does it have other ingredients

its git to be just aloe with nothing else in it

or try jojoba oil

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

What SE said. I found I couldn't buy my aloe in the regular skin care sections cause all of them were not pure and had alcohol as one of the main ingredients. I'd have to look in the natural foods sections.

Alcohol would definitely increase the dryness. With dry hair you probably only washed once a week before dreading...if you are doing more now that's making it worse too. Jojoba oil like SE said is a oil that is added to many natural skin and hair care products as a moisturizer...

Also maybe only soaping your scalp when washing? My hair is the opposite and gets oily....so never personally had this.

nicaz
@nicaz
12 years ago
4 posts

Ok thanks for the advice ill try the jojoba oil, the aloe vera does have other things it it. I brought the plant but it died :( I'm washing them once a week only at my scal[ and rinising them 1 to 2 times a weeks.

Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts
How often do you wash? If I go beyond a week I find my scalp dry. But before that my hair is soft, I use the acv and wash with bs with lavender, tree and rosemary
nicaz
@nicaz
12 years ago
4 posts

I wash them once a week and rinse one to times after I go for a run. Sometimes when I rinse I also do the ACV rinse to help- soften them. I havent tried any essential oils yet

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form