Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Long, thin sections?

ginger.rose
@gingerrose
12 years ago
45 posts

Baby knots are starting to form on my natural sectioning. However, I am wondering if my natural sectioning is going to be ok over time - some, especially the ones on the top of my head, are turning out to be long and thin, like a knife rather than a pencil (some up to 1" long with barely any width - I separate the ones longer than that). The sections, when held together in my fingers, are not thick at all, and most are about like 2-4 pieces of spaghetti put together (I may let some grow together after they start to lock up, but for now I like them little like that)

So do you all think the long, thin sectioning will be ok? It feels fine, but if I need to do anything, now is the time.

updated by @gingerrose: 01/13/15 09:38:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it will be fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

it'll be great! I think thinner dreads are easier to take care of anyway...they dry faster...and my opinion is that they are more attractive. :)

Just let your hair do it's thing!

ginger.rose
@gingerrose
12 years ago
45 posts

Thanks, both of you!

Jose Kassai
@jose-kassai
10 years ago
38 posts
I kinda have the same issue now... There's these two rectangular sections on top of my head that are like two of my regular sections merged together... I'd separate them but my hair has now started knotting up, so it's super hard... Should I just let it be? I'm worried that I'll end up with two megadreads on top of my head
Jamison Johnston3
@jamison-johnston3
10 years ago
64 posts
They'll probably rounded out and get a bit thicker as they mature.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form