Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Baby Has Dreads!!

Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
12 years ago
72 posts

As I sit here waiting for my hair to dread, my youngest son has been getting dready. He had his last hair cut in March of 2011 and he has naturally curly hair. He decided that he didn't want hair cuts anymore and since he didn't like people brushing his hair, we decided to toss the comb and let it do it's thing. After 18 months of growth and new dread process, the nursery workers at church decided to comb his hair. I was super pissed that we lost all that progress, but you can't tell sweet old ladies that kind of thing. So two weeks ago, we decided to back-comb and help his hair knot up again. It took us about a week, because he's only 7.5 and neededfrequentbreaks. But I wanted to show y'all his baby dreads. :) I'm super excited about them. :)

So, here's the progress. :)

Before. (Wet)

First few rows done

All but the front done

Pulled back, all done except the bangs

October 16, 2012... all done back combing

Tonight (October 23, 2012), dread age: 1 week

1 week old dread babies. October 23, 2012 (The back of his head)

updated by @kai-rayne: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome

:)

too bad the natural progress was messed u\p

maybe syhould have told her u didnt want it combed and why

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
12 years ago
72 posts

She did it without my knowledge. I came to pick him up from church that night and she told me that he let her comb his hair. I told her that we were trying to let it grow natural dread locks, but she didn't understand what those were. So it was a moot point.

soaring eagle said:

awesome

:)

too bad the natural progress was messed u\p

maybe syhould have told her u didnt want it combed and why

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if youd like a pucture featured take a real good 1 put it in the photos gallery and send me the link would li[ove to but wiuld also understand if u didnt want it featured too..up to u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Marq Mutant
@marq-mutant
12 years ago
16 posts
Thats so awesome I have a 3 year old son whos been asking me to dread his hair to I cant wait to do it it sucks,not everyone is so open minded
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts
Soooo cute!
Isai
@isai
12 years ago
10 posts

:) wat a cool dude

amethyst777
@amethyst777