Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

what should i be washing my dreads with and how often.

rasta fairy
@rasta-fairy
12 years ago
7 posts

i would appreciate any advice on what i should be using, and how often is best to wash my locks. i have had my dreads or 13 months now and have been using knotty boy liquid shampoo, and wasing them every 5 to 7 days. i want to get away from this shampoo, it seems to be leaving white powder in my hair no matter how well i wash it out.

updated by @rasta-fairy: 01/13/15 09:38:11PM
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

Well...my first question would be if you have soft or hard water where you live?

If you have soft water...you can use Dr. Bronner's soap. I personally LOVE it...and have never really used anything else in the last 5 years!

If you have hard water... Dreadlockshampoo.com I hear makes some really good shampoos and other products for your dreads!

Personally...even though others would say differently...I think washing your hair every 5-7 days is perfect! It keeps it clean...but not too much to strip the natural oils away from your hair that keep your hair healthy!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

www.dreadlockshampoo.com has the best no matter what kind of way-ter]u can use the baking soda recipie tio

1-3 times a week

boycott knottyboy they destroy dreads

i hope u never used anything else friom them or dreadheadhq!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form