Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just ordered wax-be-gone!!! Will dreadies fall apart?

Homestar
@homestar
12 years ago
17 posts

Hello!
i'm new here! I just ordered some wax-be-gone from your website, i'm really excited to try it. I started my dreads 4 months ago with wax and backcombing; 6 weeks in I got them crocheted. I stopped using products a month ago and when I did use the wax I used it only once a week and sparingly. They are thin and tight with some clumps (i'm assuming wax) so I'm wondering if when I wash them with the wax be gone, will they fall apart? I'm thinking they won't because they were crocheted. Will they still be healthy? Can they recover? I don't really want to comb them out and start over, although i'm sure you will recommend that. ;) I just want them to fatten up and be fluffy and happy.I've attached a pic so you can see. Sorry that it is sideways....not computer literate over here. :)

updated by @homestar: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if they fell apart then wax was the only thing holding them together

but they are damaged from the crochet u can see that crochet also makes then way too thin

they will fatten up and get fluffy but 1st they will get extra frizzy from all the broken hairs crochet recovery takes a long time

6 months is typical

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Homestar
@homestar
12 years ago
17 posts

okay! Good to know! I can handle that. :)

Homestar
@homestar
12 years ago
17 posts

Homestar said:

okay! Good to know! I can handle that. :) They are already getting super frizzy, I am starting to look like a lion!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form