Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Please help bring back my dreadies

Claire-lou
@claire-lou
12 years ago
5 posts

Hey guys, I am really hoping someone will be able to help me out.

I dreaded my hair about 5-6 years ago, they lasted 2 years before they became so bad I had to cut them out before they fell out. They were bleached blonde and I used the knotty boy wax, palm rolling and root winding techniques. After reading this site i ambeginningto think its these techniques and wax that ended the life of my loved dreads.

I have now had un knotted hair for about 3yearsand i hate it. I want my dreadies back. Please can somebody advise me of the best way to start them again? I currently have a bleached base and turquoise vegetable dyed hair. It is in a very good, strong condition. Naturally fine but a lot of it, straight and soft. Because my hair is so fine it gets knotty easily and I can not grow it longer than shoulder length without it driving my mad. I want beautiful, interesting long dreadlocks i can treasure forever. I have included a before and after photo.

Hope you all have some amazing advice for me :)

updated by @claire-lou: 01/13/15 09:37:52PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

throw aay yor comb']you say it gets knotty easy

what do uu think dreads are? knotted hair

the best way to dread is to allow the hair to do what it wants to dio\stop combing

stop cinditu=ioning

it will section itself

then knot up

all yiu have to do is wash right

and seperate any that try to grow together

yea thart knotty buy crap kills dreads fast

if u let it dread itself and do no rolling no root rubbing no waxing no nothing they wik be amaing and last forever

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wow that hair color and those eyes..nice combo :)

--
Claire-lou
@claire-lou
12 years ago
5 posts

Ahh, thanks. I am a little concerned that if i just leave them they will be very flat and may not section on their own. Please can you tell me what you mean by wash right? When I had my dreads I used to use a natural shampoo bar from lush. Also if I am to leave them to knotthemselvesshould I be washing as much as I normally do (twice a week).

Thank you :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes 2-3 times a weeks perfect not all lush bars are that natural many contain sls

wash with a dread soap like www.dreadlockshampoo.com or the baking soda recipe

if soap only scrub the scalp nit hair risnse thru tt will section itself in no time

look around at the natural timelines

--
Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts
Claire you've done the right thing coming here. There are various ways to wash and dry your dreads. Some people like to use baking soda to clean their hair, some people use soaps and some use special shampoos eg. Dr bronners. I would recommend you to go to dreadlockshampoo.com and buy some soaps or shampoos, that'd be the best thing you can do. They're 100% organic not overpriced and handmade. Me personally when I dry my hair I use a towel and hang it around my hair (without vigorously wiping my head with it because it is known to help loosen dreads) in order to soak up all the moisture. Hope I helped but maybe the site's pros can help you some moee
Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts
Also, be very careful of the soaps you are using, I used to use a residue free soap full of chemicals. It's the one hospitals use on patients before surgery called gamophen, turns out its meant to dry your skin out and therefore ended up giving me a really dry scalp. Good luck!!!
Claire-lou
@claire-lou
12 years ago
5 posts

Thanks, Think ill get some shampoo bars from that site. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form