Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Frizzy locks

Christine Tiffany Smith
@christine-tiffany-smith
12 years ago
15 posts

i have very frizzy hair, started knotting already, but its still curly,will it look like proper locks and is there any tips for this kinda hair..... i have attached before and after pics....

updated by @christine-tiffany-smith: 01/13/15 09:37:46PM
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

Yes. :) just stay patient!

Christine Tiffany Smith
@christine-tiffany-smith
12 years ago
15 posts

yeah, hey.... i sometimesdon'tknow what to do with my hair,

Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

Your hair is perfect for natural dreading! It will go much faster than most. Just remember to separate when the clumps are growing too big and you will be fine.

EDIT: Just read your page. It's vital to get the wax out if you want healthy locks.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Frizzy hair and knotting are exactly what you are looking for. Frizzies help it knot because they are tons of little "hooks" for hair to snag onto and knot with. Let it happen.

But like Adam said, if you want healthy locks, the wax has to come out. It won't wash out in normal soap and water, so either get the wax b gone from dreadlockshampoo.com or Dawn Dish soap and check the dreaducation page for how to get wax out.

Christine Tiffany Smith
@christine-tiffany-smith
12 years ago
15 posts

thanks Guys, luckily for me getting the wax outwasn'tthat bad, i didnt apply much and washed my hair every week as well. actually washed it last night after reading how bad it is for your hair, so one should actually try not to use any products on ones locks.... very interesting, i've been doing it all wrong....

Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

What method did you use to get it out? You need to use some kind ofdetergent, at the very least. The best is supposed to be wax-b-gone. Dread wax has a tendency to spread. It will spread into the middle of your locks, and further down as your hair grows. It may appear to be gone from the surface, but it will still be there.

Christine Tiffany Smith
@christine-tiffany-smith
12 years ago
15 posts

i used a way remover shampoo, jabu stone.... its a dread product in SA. i can actually stick my fingers through my locks so it was easy to wash it, though i washed it like 5 times. lol

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

out of curiosity, what are the ingredients in it, if you know? I don't see a wax remover on their site. Which makes sense because they push wax.

Wax removers need to have some sort of detergent in them. SLS and SDS are common ones. There is a natural one derived from coconut, I believe. But I only see their no rinse shampoo on their site. Which doesn't give any ingredients other than vaguereferencesto essential oils. And, I can tell you, probably doesn't have a detergent in it.

Christine Tiffany Smith
@christine-tiffany-smith
12 years ago
15 posts

oh. i havent checked that.... its difficult getting products this side for softer hair. and hairdressers are just crap this side they tie your locks in the tight patterns with wool and stuff....

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form