Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlockshampoo.com Shampoo Bars

Justin Roundy
@justin-roundy
12 years ago
10 posts

Hello everyone, I'd like to open a discussion on the difference between the shampoo bars (disregarding scent), ie. do they lather differently? have different effects on your scalp? different effects on how knotty your hair is? Is the teatree rosemary bar trading off a benefit in favor of the t/r oils?

If anyone has used multiple types of bars your knowledge would be most welcome. I'm considering using a bar on my head because of flaky scalp (even after teatree bronners, peppermint bronners, rosemary mix), but want to make sure there isn't a particular bar I should get above the others.

updated by @justin-roundy: 01/13/15 09:37:44PM
✿ נα∂є ✿
@✿-נα∂є-✿
12 years ago
2 posts

I'd love an answer to this also as im having a similar problem with dandruff. Im considering buying some shampoo/soap from this site but there is so many to choose from, not sure which one to go for.

Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
I'm having a huge dandruff problem too. Always have, just worse now with dreads. Doesn't help having dark hair. I wonder if using a dandruff shampoo like once or twice a month would be that bad for your dreads?
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I had the same problem. Dark hair, itchy flaky scalp. Not a good look when you're explaining to strangers that you really do wash your hair!!I don't have experience with the dreadlockshampoo.com tea tree rosemary bar, yet. I actually think I'm going to order a couple bars today. I do have experience with the Satsuma and Nag Champa bars, the Dragon's Blood and Patchouli liquids.The liquids first: they're perfect for newer dreads. They help create knots and help with tightening up. And of course they smell divine. They do dry out my scalp tho. My dreads are mature, so I most likely won't buy them any more. They clean really well, but it seems I need to use a bit to get some good lather. I know it may not be necessary, but I like bubbles.The bars now: they're better used on more mature locks. Since you rub the bar on your roots/scalp, even lightly, it can cause some backwards progress. Just gently massage into your scalp and you have excellent lather and clean skin. And they smell divine as well. They leave your hair soft and fluffy and clean. I don't think the bars dry my skin as much as the liquids tho. The tea tree rosemary bar was created for dandruff/flakes/itchy tho, so that would be the best bet for that problem.I switched back to bs/acv with tea tree, rosemary and lavender oils to help with my problem scalp. It's been amazing. Since I went back to that way I have notice incredible changes in my dreads and my scalp is super happy again. I've fallen back in love with my head again lol
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form