dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hair Ties?

matty.dread ॐ
@mattydread
15 years ago
2 posts

hello my brothers and sisters!
i woulld like some information on the hair tie thinggy..
i have heard that you cannot use hair ties on dreadlocks , is it bad?
if so how ?

please get back to me!

one love!x

updated by @mattydread: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
15 years ago
155 posts
I use hair tyes, just use ones that are to tight. I don't think hair tyes help hair dread or dreads dread more, do to the fact that there is no movement. I do know if you leave your hair in a pony tail for a year it is very possible to start/have a uni-dread.
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
Hair ties are ok, but if they are two tight, they would probably hinder the locking process, because your hair has no movement, or if they are too tight they can start to cut into your dread causing some thin spots. But that is if they are really tight. If it concerns you alot, I'd just use a head band, or just tie your dreads back with your dreads
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
I have to use them at work, and I completely hate using them just cause of how tight I have to tie them back and also since my first 4 dreads closest to my face are to short to stretch back that far and stay so I tuck them between other dreads to little effect,other than that, if you use a hair tie I would only recommend longer ones, nothing tight like a scrunchy
Christopher
@christopher
15 years ago
7 posts
i have used one every weekday for two years, i just dont get tight ones, the only problem i have is i do get a crease where the hair tie is, it grows out though. i would not worry about it, dreads will grow
K
@k
15 years ago
2 posts
My dreads are just starting to become visible, so I'm probably not the best expert, but I those claw clips often instead of a hair tie. They're looser and don't leave a crease.
Diamondskies
@diamondskies
15 years ago
51 posts
I use hair ties sometimes. I get the ouchless type, and I use 4 or 5 so that I don't have to double them over, I just pull all my dreads through the group of them and walla, good to go. My brother-in-law uses the really long ones kind of like a headband, but he's got really really thick hair. I don't think that they hurt, but I wouldn't keep them in all the time. Sometimes I like to pull my hair up, especially if I have some "fancy" event to go to! HAHAHA!! Otherwise, if I want them out of my face I put on my tam, I just put a draw string in it so that I can keep it in place, but it allows for move movement.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form