dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

HELP HELP HELP

Rafeye Dread
@rafeye-dread
12 years ago
3 posts

Yo

I started off having my dreads grow free and decides to crochet them -.- (dumbass idea).

I then ripped out the crochet locks (it was like taking out a knot in your shoe lases) before they formed because i didnt like the idea of silicone dreads.

I am now leaving it to grow on its own

Is that a bad idea or not??

HELLLP

updated by @rafeye-dread: 02/14/15 09:25:56AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

It's always a good idea to stop crocheting. If you didn't loose much hair after you took them out, then that's great. Let them grow as they want to. Don't try to force them any which way this time around

Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts
Is it only the end of the locks that are crocheted? If you take a photo of your locks and attach it then it'll be easier to tell whether you should save them or cut them off. Chances are if you started them off natural then the roots will be strong and be able to support your dreads just fine.
Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

S ure they will start like that. Look at Bob Marley's when he started. http://users.atw.hu/rastafarian/images/albumok/catch_a_fire.jpg

The crochet damage will repair itself, and since you took them out a lot of the broken hairs will be gone.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

dude right on im glad you decided to stop your hair is going to make some sick dreadz they look hella similar to bobs! dont get discouraged

Rafeye Dread
@rafeye-dread
12 years ago
3 posts

You recon i should stop washing them for a little while?

Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

no washing helps your hair dread a lot faster. i rinse almost every day.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wash 1-3 times a week every week

washings 5the best thing you can do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts
DO NOT STOP WASHING YOUR HAIR! It might seem like a good idea but it is really detrimental for your dreads and your hygeine
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

Please wash your hair. We need to change the stereotype one dready at a time! If all dreadies washed as often as we should...people wouldn't think we're gross!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form