Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Itchy scalp!

Manj
@manj
12 years ago
18 posts

I combed out my dreads because my head became too itchy and I've never scratched my head so much in my life! they were 5 monthsnaturallyforming..I do want them back but I'm not sure if the knotting of my hair effects how much my skin can breathe thus causing it to itch. I used natural residue free shampoo with ACV rinse and once in a while id apply oil on my scalp before a wash. and I used herbal rinses too.

Could it be my skin type too? I have sensitive skin and I come from an Indian background/culture.
My mom said my skin is really soft too.

updated by @manj: 01/13/15 09:37:12PM
Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts
I'm Indian and have sensitivr skin as well but if your hair is itchy then there might be a problem in how you are treating or cleaning them. For 20 months I have only been using soaps (sometimes residue free and sometimes normal soap) and have been washing them every day or every second day. Maybe it might be the shampoo doing the itchiness?
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

is your scalp itchy now without dreads? are you washing with the same products? maybe try the same washing schedule and products on your undreaded hair and see if you scalp reacts the same way. if so, then it might be what your washing with. find something that your scalp agrees with and then try dreading again. everyone needs to find what works for their hair and scalp needs.

Manj
@manj
12 years ago
18 posts

In response to all posts so far, the itching has calmed down, Ill buy what I used whilst dreading to see if it is the shampoo. Otherwise, is there a way I could stop my roots from knotting?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i would highly recomend the teatree rosemary bar from www.dreadlockshampoo.com

you will be completely ictch free

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Manj
@manj
12 years ago
18 posts

I wish I had posted this problem before I combed them out now :( . Thank you!, Is it international shipping?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

International shipping is a little bit expensive, but it's flat rate so you can put as many in the shopping cart as you can, until the rate goes up and take one out to get the maximum for the shipping price

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form