Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My hair is shorter now!

Sarah14
@sarah14
12 years ago
17 posts
My hair used to be down to the middle of my back but now since all the ziggy zaggs are happening most of it it above my shoulders. will these crazies ever straghten up and give me my length back?
updated by @sarah14: 01/13/15 09:37:07PM
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

they compact & shrink up, then seem to not grow for a bit, then they take off & grow grow grow! but shrinkage is normal & zig zags will tighten, pull in & straighten out, enjoy them while they're there. if you are worried about length you can take biotin to help your hair growth go faster.

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Zig-zags do straighten out, but the length does shrink because it all tightens and tangles, so don't expect the same length as your hair was previously. It grows though, so no worries.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how do u expect straight hair to become a rangled tight mes and stay the same length?

whenn you take a string and crumple it into a ball doesnt it get dshorter?

but once its shrunk as much as it can it wioll start to grow

ive seen waist length hair shrink to the chin..

dont worry tho in a couple years it will be very ong again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sarah14
@sarah14
12 years ago
17 posts
I am completely cool with it but I was just curious to know if when they smooth out of the length comes back a little or not. My mind hasn't processes the actual process of the dreads compacting and becoming smooth.
Sarah14
@sarah14
12 years ago
17 posts
Another thing....when I first put them in I crotchet a few of them and now I am having to comb out those because they don't dread. they stay thin and basically braided. soo happy I found this site right when I started my journey
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Look thru the timeline pics, LOTS of shrinkage there! It may help you wrap your brain around the process better. It can take a year or more to start noticing new length.
Sarah14
@sarah14
12 years ago
17 posts
Helps a lot.
taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

My hair was past the middle of my back when i started. A year later it was above my shoulders and seemed to stay that length for quite a while. It actually started growing at about 2 years. Mine are not quite 5 years yet....but have finally grown to my lower back. My hair grows slow but I have been taking biotin supplements for a couple of years now. I have friends who swear that hanging their heads upside down for 15 to 30 minutes a day gets the blood flowing to the scalp and helps hair grow faster. Scalp massage gets your blood flowing too.

I can't wait to see how long mine will be in 10 years :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form