Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

what to do?? help me :(

katrynn
@katrynn
12 years ago
58 posts
Hey guys, Im Katryn. I had beautiful long healthy dreads for 2 years! They were perfect for me!! But on July 5, 2012 I did the dumbest thing I've ever done in all my 17 years! Cut them off :( my 1 n only regret ever. I miss them sooooooooooooo much! My hairs like 2 or 3 inches long now n I was wondering if it would be a good time to restart my dreads? Or wait till my hair gets a bit longer? Cuz it was long when I started the first time. Please give me some advice, thank you soo much<3
updated by @katrynn: 01/13/15 09:37:03PM
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
You can start neglect now, it will be quite a long while before you see anything tho. Toss the comb and conditioner (if you use them). You could even start 'washing' using baking soda now to adjust your scalp to it. With hair that short I'd just let it grow and dread as it grows out, let it's do it's thing.If you don't mind me asking, why'd ya cut them off?
katrynn
@katrynn
12 years ago
58 posts
Ok thanks a lot. When I started them they grew like wild fire, I have mixed hair n I guess thats good hair for dreading. Idk why. Im an idiot. I was thinking about it for a while cuz I missed running my fingers through my curls I shoulda gave more thought. I asked a couple people but they already didn't want me to have dreads so that was stupid. So I just cut em
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Start now, You won't be able to Back comb or TnR them, but it's no too short to start treating them like you have locks. Get a non residue shampoo, and stop brushing. Wash 2-3 times a week, and let them section off. As they grow out, you will already have the sections started, and in a few months, they may even start to mat.

In a year, they will be twice as long or longer. Then they will be long enough to TnR if you really want to. But by then, you will probably be very attached to your natural locks.

You could get some Biotin and use that to help grow your hair faster. It takes about 3 months to start working, but once it does, it is supposed to make your hair grow twice as fast. I am coming into my third month of using it. I hope it works like I've been told

katrynn
@katrynn
12 years ago
58 posts
Thank you! :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

start going neglect they wont dread tu[ill u grow a lik but its a good way to go and let it dreads as it grows

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

biotin has worked amazingly for me. i started taking it in february. i had a weird loop on one of my dreads that was at my scalp in june and is now 4" from my scalp. my hair used to grow so slowly before biotin.

Baba Fats said:

Start now, You won't be able to Back comb or TnR them, but it's no too short to start treating them like you have locks. Get a non residue shampoo, and stop brushing. Wash 2-3 times a week, and let them section off. As they grow out, you will already have the sections started, and in a few months, they may even start to mat.

In a year, they will be twice as long or longer. Then they will be long enough to TnR if you really want to. But by then, you will probably be very attached to your natural locks.

You could get some Biotin and use that to help grow your hair faster. It takes about 3 months to start working, but once it does, it is supposed to make your hair grow twice as fast. I am coming into my third month of using it. I hope it works like I've been told

Dee Dee
@dee-dee
12 years ago
51 posts
I also have started taking 1000 mcg biotin twice a day a week ago plus b complex and prenatals. I'm measuring a particular lock once a month to see how much if any it grows in the next year. And with being able to get 150 for less than three bucks for the biotin and 240 prenatals for less than nine I'm gonna keep up with it. Also bilo and cvs does buy one get one on vitamins all the time just have a look around, Igot mine at walmart this time if your into that.good luck and Icant wait to see your progress!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form