Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New dread head in need of advice

Cynthie bedard
@cynthie-bedard
12 years ago
5 posts
Hey everyone!My dreads are one month old and I seem to be handling them well. I wash with dr bronners twice a week but my scalp is getting itchy and white residue on my scalp. I picked up some tea tree oil shampoo today from the health food store. How often should I be washing at this point? Tea tree oil shampoo ok to use?
updated by @cynthie-bedard: 02/14/15 07:54:39AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Sorry for not looking int where you're from yet, but that may make the difference. Dr. Bronners does not work in hard water. It leaves a residue, and can make you itch more. If you let me know where you're from, we can help work it out for you.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

bronners wont work in hard water if yiur getting residue use these www.dreadlockshampoo.com

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cynthie bedard
@cynthie-bedard
12 years ago
5 posts
I'm in Toronto Canada.The itch is driving me nuts
Cynthie bedard
@cynthie-bedard
12 years ago
5 posts
Thanks Baby phat...awaiting ur reply.Thx soaring eagle. The shipping of theses shampoos is $33 to Canada :(
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

to canada? i thiught it was same as here

but if u fill the basket till it goes up to the next level then remove 1 u can get 5 or 6 at a tikme for the 1 price so its reasonable

but i swear usa canada mexico and peurto rica were akll the same zone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cynthie bedard
@cynthie-bedard
12 years ago
5 posts
You're right. I just ordered the shampoo bar in peppermint. Only 3.50$ shipping. That's more like it! Have u tried their liquid shampoo or locking gel?
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I've tried the locking gel. It was great. I used it to clean up a few baby locks for my wedding. It's completely water soluble, so it'll wash out easily is plain water. It also starts to degrade on it's own in a day or 2.

Toronto; From geological survey's it look's lik eyou have very hard water. That would explain the flakes, and itching. There may also be a small amount of residue in your hair. Get a good clarifying shampoo. Preferably one that doesn't have SLS or SDS in it. Use it once just to clean out your hair. You may even be able to find a small bottle of one in a travel section of a store. Then from now on, use the dreadlockshampoo.com soaps.

Sarah Smile
@sarah-smile
12 years ago
43 posts

I'm running into the same problem as you are, it's very difficult to get the soap to rinse out. The water might be the issue... I live in Michigan, so that would make sense, I think.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That would make sense. Northern MI has hard water. South Mi has Very hard water

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form