Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Breana
@breana
12 years ago
19 posts
I'm itchy like, everywhere! Its driving me crazy. i'll get an itch somewhere and a small bump will appear, think xxs mosquito bite. My scalp as also been itchy too. I have a few ideas what might be the cause:1.) I have dandruff,and it always gets wose when the seasons change.2.) its dry where I live, and im not using enough lotion3.) Possibly my skin no longer likes the detergent/fabric softener my step mom uses.4.) I just started with essential oils (rosemary, lemongrass and oregano) and have yet to find a amount of each I like to use. Therefor each time is a bit different.5.) Bugs, I saw a itty bitty baby spider crawl across my phone the other night while in bedAnd last,6.) my own mind. I've been kinda worried about why im itchy, so that can make it worse. Kinda like reading this might have made you feel itchy some where.So please someone help rule out or add to this, and how I can make this stop! I'm going crazy
updated by @breana: 01/13/15 09:36:23PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

check your head for lice (dont panic they can be killed in dreads) if its a driving u insane itch that maybe the cause

dandruffs a possibilioty too

wash twice as often use no hot water use teatree and rosemary and pepermint oils or the teat5eee bar frokj deeadlockshampoo.com

check for bedbugs too

diatamacouse earth will kill any critters with exoscelotons so sprinl[kle on yiur bed

if u got critters use alcahi[ol to kill em (i'll explain how if its confirmed)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lisa Wade
@lisa-wade
12 years ago
20 posts

Well I would definitely say the dry weather and your predisposition to dandruff is making your scalp itchy. I also live in a dry area ( the Mojave desert). When I feel too itchy I wash my scalp and hair and I feel so much better. I have also noticed that the longer my locs got, making them heavier and pulling on my scalp, sometimes my head gets itchy. Do you have allergies? Try an allergy pill. I think most important is keeping them clean.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form