Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Why knot? (pictures at bottom)

☽ Jasper ☾
@jasper
12 years ago
29 posts

So I haven't brushed my hair in nine months and I've been quite kind to my happy locks. Something that is bothering me though is that the front half of my head is not locking up AT ALL, not a tangle, not one knot. A friend of mine had locks for ten years (natural) and I always wondered about the awkward chunks of hair framing her face and assumed she brushed them on purpose, but she recently told me that hers never locked even after ten years :( I only have half a head of locks and I'm getting bummed that it will always be this way...any advice kind friends? I have started and stayed organic through the process but I'm wondering if I should help them along or something...:/

strange.jpg

strangeee.jpg

updated by @jasper: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

1: I have that exact same drug rug. My mom brought it back from Jamaica.

2: You look great. Leave them to do their own thing, and embrace how beautiful you are with locks in the back and that gorgeous hair framing your face. When it locks up, let it, but don't rush it at all.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

sleep on your face

but its nit that they never knot its that they are always knotting (once mature) you seoerate dreads u get loose hairs beteween them around the face its most odvios but they do dread..and more show up..which dread so yoir always getting new dreads when they grow long enough

but its also totakty normal to dread in back way b4 front if u sleep on yoir back

the front will catch up

but around hairlines always drAd slowest and last

so its really normal to always have some blowing in your face

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

i heard one person had good results with the dreadlockshampoo.com locking gel helping the hair around the front/face lock up. but it is normal for the front to go last, give it some time & see if it takes care of itself & if you really feel you have to do something about it, i think loose hair at the front gives some good softness tho

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
12 years ago
122 posts
I'm at just about nine months as well and my hair looks very similar to yours, so I think we're on the right track. :) I did try to twist and rip the front about 3 months in, but all of those fell out. Now I just leave it be.
HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
I'm having a similar, if not the same, problem. For the last 10 years I've been cutting my own hair by gathering it in a ponytail on top of my head and cutting which has lead to a lot of layers with different lengths. Right now the top layer is the shortest at about 6 inches and doesn't seem to want to do anything at all. It won't even section and it's frustrating to the point I've considered TnR-ing it but I don't want to reset any unseen progress that might be there.
batt
@batt
12 years ago
13 posts

my mine is about atleast 20 inches, about a month into neglect and boy it sure looks like its gonna take a looong time before somethings gonna happen. sigh

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form