Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Please take a quick look at this!!!! :/ Need quick advice on a little problem.

Charles Augenti
@charles-augenti
12 years ago
8 posts

My dreadies turned a year old 4 days ago. I always smooth them down or do a slick back motion so i never realize the loose hair. For the first time tonight, i kinda just messed the top around and did a slick forward motion which exposed all the loose hair i really have. Not too sure how to feel about it. What should i do with all this loose hair !??!?! Just leave it, or give in to maintenance and have somebody crotchet me up. I have never done a single thing for maintenance since i got them, so i would hate to break that streak. I like the natural thing, but this much loose hair is slightly mortifying to me. And that's coming from a dude that likes the unkept natural look. Please, toss me some advice!!!

Thanks guys!

updated by @charles-augenti: 02/14/15 07:35:50AM
Egubman
@egubman
12 years ago
46 posts

u had this lose hair all along..why are u suddenly worryng bout it

after every shower lot of lose hair show up on my head as well. i usually hide them under my dreads

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

it's fine, maybe those pieces are just a little short to work in yet. frizz & loose hair is just searching for their place on the world of your head, they will find their way. if it really concerns you you can try the locking gel from dreadlockshampoo.com to help coax them along or put them with what dread you think they go to & bead or wrap it, but you don't HAVE to do anything.

Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

Leave it alone man! Do you seriously want to give in to maintanece and take that risk of unhealthy dreads? I wouldn't! Just remember, for every poke of that hook/needle you break dozens of hairs!

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Friz and loose hairs are normal. I've seen dread heads that are years mature and they had plenty of loose hair. If you think about, you'll always have them because your hair is always growing. After it grows out a certain amount (only your hair will know how long it wants/needs to be) it combines with already established dreads, but you don't notice becusse you have more new, loose hair. It's like the circle of life for dreads. Embrace the fuzz, they'll be locks one day!
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Oh and your locks are pretty bitchin!
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Egubman said it. It's been there all along. If you didn't notice it then, just forget about it again. In time, that hair will lock up on its own, or get sucked into another lock. Then it will get replaces by different loose hairs. Hair constantly grows, and any hair that get's ripped out or falls out on its own will be replaced by new growth. It happens to everyone with locks. Mine are 6 years old and I have loose hair everywhere. Just push it flat with your hands, and you won't notice it anymore.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

this is jah levi his dreads are 14 feet long over 40 years

look at the loose hairs

its a lil extra long cause he leaves it in a tam all the time or possibly his age is a factor too

perhaps your smoothing it down and flipping it back is causing it to not dread up as easily

so stop worrying abput it and let it go away

absolutely do not crochet

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
12 years ago
833 posts

I have so much loose hair and tons of baby dreads forming! Stop worrying....it is just part of having dreads! I will post a new photo sometime soon. My dreads are almost 5 yrs old.

Charles Augenti
@charles-augenti
12 years ago
8 posts

Thank you very much for all the replys. I feel the same as you, i just got a little freaked and needed a bit of back upreassuranceby fellow dread heads. Im just gonna leave it be like i have been doing. :)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form