Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Why are my dreads so curly?

joey4
@joey4
12 years ago
4 posts

My hair is naturally very curly and it makes it easier for my hair to dread up, but I don't understand why my solid dreads are curly. All other people I see who have curly hair have straight dreads. When I touch my dreads they feel just as compact as any other persons dreads, but for some reason mine will not go straight which makes it look like I just have very curly, crazy hair. People tell me that I don't have real dreadlocks because of this, but I clearly do have real natural dreadlocks. Do you think my dreads will always be curly because my hair is just that wild? Or are my dreads just not developed enough to straighten out?

updated by @joey4: 01/13/15 09:36:02PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

They will probably straighten out in time. Some may keep a wavy look to them, which would be awesome. Check out Rachel Natty Dee's locks. Her hair is amazingly curly and some of her locks are curly like yours. http://www.dreadlockssite.com/profile/RachelSmith

Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
Wow. I have to comment for 3 reasons. 1 we have the same name. 2 our hair is very similar. 3 i wondered the same thing.. Well in my experience they will straighten out some bit. I used TnR but they all came loose and returned to curls. Im 5 months in now and the back of my head has the most progress and are pretty tight and straight (mainly cause I sleep on my back). The rest of my head is catching up but still looks like tangled curls. I'm just being patient. I take a dip in the beach every Sunday and this seems to help allot. So patience
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they will strai9ghten out alot but let me guess these people saying you don t have real dreads look like rhey go to a salon evgfery week they are all exactly the same perfectly round perfectly even sized and u can see the wax dripping out the ends?

i bet they dont know hat real dreadlocks are

yours might be the 1st real dreads they ever saw\

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

Think ya really need to add a like button here for comments and stuff! LOL!

soaring eagle said:

they will strai9ghten out alot but let me guess these people saying you don t have real dreads look like rhey go to a salon evgfery week they are all exactly the same perfectly round perfectly even sized and u can see the wax dripping out the ends?

i bet they dont know hat real dreadlocks are

yours might be the 1st real dreads they ever saw\

Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

They will mature and straighten out some. But the tips will probably stay curly. Look at my old dreads, when they were about 3. http://www.dreadlockssite.com/photo/3754945:Photo:1359400?context=user

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form