Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

List of all dreadhead jobs!

Marcello Francisco Gomez lll
@marcello-francisco-gomez-lll
12 years ago
3 posts

It'd be really cool if all the dreadheads could write down what job they have without being discriminated! I think it would be very encouraging to see all the different possible jobs that are out there for dreadheads:) I know that the fear of not being able to find a good job is maybe that last thing holding some people back from getting dreads. I'm luckily self employed but before I was I used to work at a warehouse on a late shift and my employers had no problem with my hair as long as it was out of harms way. Only reason I quit was because it interfered with school:/ I know that you can get a job at Five guys, Zumies and Index Skate Shop with dreads but I want to know more! Thanks!

updated by @marcello-francisco-gomez-lll: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I work for a nationwide grocery store (Safeway on the west coast). I've been with the company for 5 yrs, dreaded for a year. There were some comments when I first ditched the brush and conditioner so I urged my dreads on by having them backcombed. After I did that nothing else was said.There is a girl with amazing locks that works at Joann's Fabrics near where I live as well.
Marcello Francisco Gomez lll
@marcello-francisco-gomez-lll
12 years ago
3 posts

Awesome! Thanks for sharing:)

Mons said:

I work for a nationwide grocery store (Safeway on the west coast). I've been with the company for 5 yrs, dreaded for a year. There were some comments when I first ditched the brush and conditioner so I urged my dreads on by having them backcombed. After I did that nothing else was said.

There is a girl with amazing locks that works at Joann's Fabrics near where I live as well.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well i always preffered bveing self employedd but when i wasnt i managed 200+ website designers for a non profit (at thd time) web host we were partnered with pbs (yea the tv network)

and part of my job duties involved meetings with the heads of virtualy every non profit group in the region including the huge multi mu]ilion multoi national ones like red cross etc also banks credit unions schools and universities politicians churches ..you name it

there was never any descrimination or any way my dreads limkited me in the field in fact kinda was an asset as when they made their promo materials (mugs posters calenders that sorta stuff) my pihoto was featured front center as tge corporate image

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Caleb Birch
@caleb-birch
12 years ago
17 posts
I work in a factory as a machinist (cnc) . My employer hired me when my dreads were a year old and still no trouble to this day for having them.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I worked as a cook for Whole Foods for 5 years. Note to anyone looking to get a job there: be careful. It's a horrible company to work for. They tend to not care about their employees at all.

Now I am a full time student again. I'll be working for my co-op's 6 months a year. I'll let you know where they are

Jordan Koopa
@jordan-koopa
12 years ago
19 posts

worked at a marina renting boats this summer now in Holiday Inn as a houseman. soon to be picking grapes though

Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
Im a Veterinary Technician and a dance choreographer. People see who I am and not my hair, so i've never had a problem. I'm also a youth leader at my church.
Jaimie Nadeau
@jaimie-nadeau
12 years ago
10 posts

I'm a Direct Support Professional. I work with people with special needs and need assistance with daily tasks. My clients love my hair =)

Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

oh wow, thats really great to know just in case!! the place i work at ive know for years sinnce before ive had dreads so my decisiion to grow my hair well i planted the seed and no one seemed apposed so i went ahead n its all good :) im glad to have my job

updated by @castaway-j: 07/22/15 05:30:56AM
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form